Hi Everyone.

It's that time of year when we start thinking about themes for the following year. We would love it if you would share any suggestions or preferences with us.

You may have something 'new' you'd like to try.....or a favourite from years past. We attempt to incorporate as many ideas as is possible.

Here are some links to past theme discussions that may inspire or remind you......

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/theme-list-and-host...

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/our-themes-for-2018

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/monthly-themes-for-...

http://www.forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/monthly-themes-for-...

Views: 496

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bev, I thank you for once again taking on the challenge of lining up our monthly themes :)

I've just gone through some of our archived themes and it's difficult for me to think of anything new!  We seem to have covered a lot of ideas since our monthly challenges/themes began.  Perhaps someone with a better brain than mine will come up with new ones, or perhaps be able to put a new spin on some of these old ones ...

Of course, we must have CHRISTMAS

EDUCATION is always a great one for the children

THINK LIKE A KID was a fun one that created colour, games, and fun

FOUR SEASONS conjures up ideas (for me, that would be summer ... haha)

Where would we be without VARIEGATED, HALF-AND-HALFS, STRIPES, ZIGZAGS and DIAGONALS

Terrific to touch was a great TEXTURE  theme

FLAGS OF THE WORLD was educational ... for us and for the children

OPPOSITES was another good one

HEARTS sent messages of love to the children

I know I've just rehashed some oldies but I can't really think of anything completely new ... xo

Oh Der some of that eyelash yarn for the texture......... I think I would go for stitch patterns this time around!!

I like Seasons because that incorporates all colour palettes and gives a wide scope for ideas. 

I'm happy to host the usual Happy Scrappies type December one again unless someone else particularly wants that one.

I've liked the idea of a Colour of the Month and think that should continue.

Thank you for your prompt responses Glo and Patricia. Yes oldies, but goodies. I also like 'On the Farm' from a couple of years back.  :))

Animals (including insects, butterflies, bees and so on) from all over the Globe? Maybe a nice theme? xo

These could fall under "EDUCATION". I only am not able to host, very sorry for that.

No worries, Anneke. We are so grateful that you provide us with the squares list every month. xo

Thank you Bev. xo Like Patricia, I've liked the idea of a Colour of the Month and think that should continue. ♥️

Wonderful - butterflies could result in some amazing colour combinations.

I too like the Colour of the Month and have had fun trying to follow it this year - it has made me dig through my yarn stash and look at it with new eyes!

Hahaha Sadie.

Yes, I discovered a lot of shades of different colours that I didn't know I had.  :))

Hiya!!     I like: nature/seasons,  Africa,  letters, shapes and numbers,  teddy bears,  variegated,  50/50,  textures,  vehicles, and water/the ocean/fish etc.      I'd still like us to do the CoM too.  ♥️

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2021

SHOP

GET THE MOTOR RUNNING!

US$5.00, $10.00, or $30.00

THE KAS SHOP

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2021 Squares List is available. Please see:

2021 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

November

Color Of The Month Brown

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service