Views: 73

Comment

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Comment by Bev Jeffery on February 3, 2012 at 5:49pm

For  Aussies;;;The needles in the photo are about 17-18cms long and are available in many sizes. I got mine from Spotlight and they are "Birch" brand. I just love them because I hate long needles with the ends waving around when you only have a few stiches on them.

Comment by Jan B on February 3, 2012 at 3:02pm

For anyone in the UK in particular, who may have trouble finding kiddie needles in a range of different sizes, Ivore do a range of sizes in 23cm long.

I would be lost without mine and it's the only brand I now use, in all sizes and lengths

So comfortable to knit with and kind to the hands especially for some of us "older" knitters.

23cm length are available up to 5.5mm

http://www.dragonyarns.co.uk/ivore-23cm-knitting-needle

Comment by P. Jeanne Haessler on February 3, 2012 at 12:12pm

That's the nice thing about the short needles, their light weight, hence low postage costs.

Comment by Bev Jeffery on February 3, 2012 at 12:06pm

Re the needles, I'm one step ahead of you Jeanne...(that'll be the day...that I'm one step ahead of anyone. lol.) I think I have already said somewhere else or to someone else that I have actually bought some more of the shortys to send to the go-go's - I figure they are easier to 'slip -in' and also plan to send some part balls of wool. I also have a few sets of the longer ones that I bought for them ages ago and forgot to send.

Comment by Pam Antink on February 3, 2012 at 11:49am

Oh Jeanne, can easily picture your Chester swinging on the ends of your long knitting rods as they rotate whilst you attempt to knit!  Will certainly send a set each time in future, because they are reasonably priced in the UK and hardly weigh a thing!

Comment by P. Jeanne Haessler on February 3, 2012 at 11:38am

There's two other benefits to these small needles....1. the cats are less likely to spot them and pounce on the waving ends and 2. if you have more than you need these small ones are IDEAL for shipping to Africa where the Go-Go's (grannies) really want to join in and knit for the children as well.  I often remember to send them a skein of yarn but don't always have the small knitting needles on hand, so if you have spares they'll be delighted!

Comment by CHARIS GRIFFIN on February 3, 2012 at 6:06am

The knowledge is all filed away in there somewhere-it's just the retrieval system that isn't very efficient!

Comment by Pam Antink on February 3, 2012 at 3:19am

Yes, Linda I too have a leak somewhere in my mind or brain.....stuff just seeps away!

Comment by Linda Maltby on February 3, 2012 at 3:10am

One of the nice things about the forum is that people are willing to share their ideas.  I have learned a lot in the 3 years I have been a member......now if I could just remember everything I learned :-)

Comment by CHARIS GRIFFIN on February 3, 2012 at 1:59am

Pam , I LOVE your comment-I shall be using that quote! :) I have found that a lot of the free needles that come with knitting magazines are much shorter in size and I am gradually building up quite a collection of different sizes.(I know, I buy far too many mags!) They are also great for toy knitting.

Bev, the important thing is to share our 'discoveries' as we can all pick up new tips and hints, no matter how long we have been knitting!

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service