This month we embrace all the things that come are under the African sky.

Children...

Land...

Monuments...

People...

...and the Animals.

Now is the time to be creative with flags, animals, beadwork designs, instruments, cloth, housing styles and so much more from the continent of Africa.

Let us celebrate together, all that Africa has to show the world, and wrap the children in a warm cozy blanket.

Under The African Sky Album Here

Views: 2189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Super neat as always Diane and great choice of colours :))

Thank you Amy.

Thank you, Amy.   This has been a very creative month, and wonderful work has been displayed here.   There will be many excited children in the future.

Amy, you have been a great host and contributor…

Thank you so much Amy.   I've enjoyed the variety of projects shown.   I have something yellow still 'in the mix' + hope to finish it soon, Kxx ❤️✔️

Can't wait to see your yellow.

May 2022 Theme - Under the African Sky

A herd of elephants....almost.

The elephant in the top right is a bit darker, smokier blue than it appears. When I saw it online, I just had to have it, as it reminded me of a blanket that Sharon B. once crocheted, with the elephant squirting itself with water over its back.

Well, I thought I set myself a modest target of squares this month, in the hope of achieving my aspirations...just once. However, covid had other plans and I have been busy this month with extra grandma duties, taxiing and being a personal shopper with occasional cook thrown in....but on the upside I have continued to escape it.  :))

I still have a few to complete.

I have to agree that little fellow in the upper right is so cute cool.  The Dumbo elephant is rather striking, too.

Sorry to hear about COVID and extra grandma duties.  I hope you got lots and lots of extra hugs.  Your squares and appliques are always delightful and appreciated on the Forum and in South Africa.

Your herd of elephants is wonderful, Bev.   And, I am doubly thrilled that you were inspired by an elephant square that I once made.   I thought the little elephant showering itself with water was a fun one, too.   I must get that pattern out and do it again, now that you have inspired me in turn.

So glad you have escaped Covid, so far.   I've been lucky (and very careful) so far, but Craig got it a couple weeks ago.   He had a mild case, so recovered quickly.   But, overall, I'd rather escape it altogether.   Stay safe and healthy!

Oops, I thought it was a blanket.  :)) I have just looked back through your photos....can't believe it was over 6 years ago!!

Stay safe and well.  xo

My first ever crocheted blanket for KAS!   

I made this baby blanket in a pretty tame stitch but I kept the tension even, the sides straight and I even researched and managed a contrasting border.   The yellow colours are way brighter than they've photographed but hey-he I can't have it all can I??   Lol.

I can't believe this is your first time making a crochet blanket.  It is brilliant.  You did a marvelous job with the edges and border.  WELL DONE Karen!

Spot on for this month's theme.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The JULY Squares List is delayed.

Our sincere apologies.

~~~~~~~~~~

The JUNE 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

AUGUST

Color Of The Month LAVENDER

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service