Hi Everyone.

I would like to thank you all so much for your suggestions for themes for 2022. I have compiled a list, including as many as possible.

January- All creatures Great and Small -  From the smallest bug to the tallest giraffe. Colours in PJs, stripes or patterns of  animals. Appliques, embroidery or intarsia/duplicate stitching of animals.                           CoM - Pink.  Bev

February- Vivacious variegateds, Stupendous Stripes and Dazzling Diagonals.                   CoM - Purple  Gloria 

March - Educate Me - Numbers, Letters, colours, short words.             CoM - Blue.  Karen

April - Let's Celebrate - Special occasions throughout the year and throughout the world. Easter, Christmas, Chinese New Year, Mandela Day, La Tomatina...to name a few. CoM Red  Bev

May - Under an African Sky - African animals, flora, colours, flag.     CoM - Yellow  Amy

June - Like Night and Day -  Colour opposites.

E.g. Neons/dark, pale/dark of the same colour. Could be done in solid colour squares, stripes, half and half or other patterns. CoM - Turquoise Patricia

July - Things That Move - Cars, trucks, aeroplanes, trains, diggers, rockets and colours representative of. CoM - Orange.  Amy 

August - Give Me A Hug - Hearts, teddies colours....anything that makes you feel warm and fuzzy. CoM - Lavender  Marion

September - Nature's Beauty - The wonders of the four seasons. Colours, flora, Spring babies. CoM- Green.  Karen

October - Under the Sea - Marine life, shells, colours of the sand and sea.  CoM - Blue.  Rebecca

November - What's Your Favourite? Colours, patterns, textures.            CoM - Brown.  Bev

December - Bits 'n' Pieces - End of year where we can use up all the scraps we have accumulated throughout the year and also finish off bits and pieces (projects/squares) that fell by the wayside during the year. 

CoM - Red.  Patricia

Please remember that PJ squares are so important when creating our blankets, so even if you think a theme is 'not for you'  solid colour squares representative of that theme will ALWAYS be very much appreciated. Thank you.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I can do October and Marine Life is you would like.  COM would be blue or green I guess.

• Thanks so much, Rebecca. That would be SUPER!!

Perhaps blue, as Karen has CoM Green for September?

• The monthly themes' colours and hosts are now complete. Thank you to everyone for your input into creating this list and to those who are able to host. It looks like being a FUN year.  xo

• Sorry I’m so late choosing my COM, Bev. Can I have lavender please?

• Thank you Marion. You most definitely can.  :))

• I will take yellow.

I will do July Things that Move with Purple.  Purple doesn't seem to have been picked yet.

Thanks

• Thanks for all your prompt replies, Ladies.  :))

Hahaha, you are indeed a mind reader, Patricia....though I think I would have to give you a harder task, just to be sure you can read my mind.  LOVE turquoise for June and yes to red in December.  :))

Thank you so much for putting your hand up for July as well, Amy.  :))  Glo has already asked for purple in March in an earlier reply, but there is no reason why we can't have it again.  :))

• Orange works, then.

• Thanks Amy.  :))

• Hi Bev. I’d like to have Give Me A Hug in August.  I think It’s about time I offered to host a theme!

This reply was deleted.