Welcome Everyone to our discussion on Themes for 2021.

Please be encouraged to participate in the suggestion of themes for next year. The more the merrier.

It maybe an old favourite you'd like to revisit...or something we've never done before. All suggestions gratefully received.

If you should like to host a theme...that would be wonderful...and if you've never hosted before, we are here to help and support.

September ABC. 123.  Plain Janes  FUDGE Handwarmers - Sweet for My Sweet Aug 2020 Theme

Training for Gold  July. Go for the Gold.  JULY - Go for the Gold

Basket-weave Square  Monkey, elephant and tiger  The Unforeseen Theme June 2020

M arch 2  Unforeseen - a toadstool  Clear the Decks 2

As you can see, our themes give thought to many different square designs. 

Your ideas please?

Views: 1417

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think May would be good for the Christmas theme. I'll get my thinking cap on and find a title.  Maybe it would be better to just cal it celebration. Then it wouldn't be limited to just Christmas, ut could include all kinds of festive colours and themes. Not all our members celebrate Christmas. Do all our children live in a totally Christian society? Colours should be red, green ,gold and silver.  Please everyone let me know what you think.

Thank you Valerie. May is spot on for getting the squares made and sent in time for Christmas blankets.

Totally agree, Celebrations is an excellent, inclusive title.

What colour would you like for CoM? White, perhaps? 

Hi Rebecca. What theme would you like to host, please? They are not in any order.

Thus far, we have.....

January - A Safari Through Africa  CoM...yellow/gold

February - Go Bold      CoM....Orange

March - New to You      CoM....Pink

May - Celebrations

October - Waiting to be Chosen   CoM....Green

December - Free For All   CoM....Red

Oh right - I thought the numbers were months - 

Either 4. Va va va Voom Variegateds and Spectacular Stripes or

the bold and neon ones......I can be available in August or November.

I hope that makes more sense :)

I don't really want white as it's such a very light colour and will show all the dust from the living areas of our children.  Maybe gold and green.

Sorry Bev, I put this right after your answer to my post...but it did a Ning and came after everything else!!!!

Hi Bev. If Valerie wants green that’s really fine by me, as my theme is whatever yarn is in our stash, I’m happy to have no colour for the month, perhaps we could put for colour ‘Surprise’. 

Sorry, I didn't mean to poach your colour Chris. I was just thinking of Christmassy colours.   I'll think of another colour if you like.

Please don’t worry Valerie, I agree green would be good for Christmas colours. To be honest I don’t think my month’s theme needs a colour, the aim is for people to use what they have in their stash x

I wonder if there may be some confusion over the CoM ... or maybe it's just me who is confused.  My understanding is that the colour chosen for each theme is simply a PJ color and that all squares made in that month don't have to be ... or include ... the CoM. 

I was thinking that having a CoM was a great way to keep The Barn stocked with PJs.  Perhaps a better name for it would be PJ CoM?  Including the chosen color in other creations that month is simply a bonus. 

Please, someone, correct me if I'm wrong ... xo

That's how I see it too Gloria.    Folk are making far too much of this....it's not supposed to be stressful, exact or worrying.   I'd say the theme is the main focus/idea for inspiration etc, and the Colour is a secondary suggestion for PJ's - the 2 don't need to correlate/match/correspond at all.   

Ok, I get I now, sorry I misunderstood, I will go with the flow :))

Valerie, I wasn't meaning the squares were to be white when I suggested it, I was thinking that white would be good to stripe with your Christmas colours...I had forgotten about the CoM being for single colour squares. I wasn't thinking that the colour had to match the theme, either AND as there are more months than colours, we are going to have double ups, so I don't see a problem in having two greens in one year, especially as they would be five months apart.

Thanks for your clarity and input, Glo and Karen. Hopefully we are all now on the same page...hahaha.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

Want to learn something new this month?Why not pick up a copy of

BEGINNER TUNISIAN CROCHET

in

THE KAS SHOP

and learn something

New To You!

SQUARES LIST

Due to Covid-19 the Squares lists are delayed.

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

COLOUR OF THE MONTH

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service