Welcome Everyone to our discussion on Themes for 2021.

Please be encouraged to participate in the suggestion of themes for next year. The more the merrier.

It maybe an old favourite you'd like to revisit...or something we've never done before. All suggestions gratefully received.

If you should like to host a theme...that would be wonderful...and if you've never hosted before, we are here to help and support.

September ABC. 123.  Plain Janes  FUDGE Handwarmers - Sweet for My Sweet Aug 2020 Theme

Training for Gold  July. Go for the Gold.  JULY - Go for the Gold

Basket-weave Square  Monkey, elephant and tiger  The Unforeseen Theme June 2020

M arch 2  Unforeseen - a toadstool  Clear the Decks 2

As you can see, our themes give thought to many different square designs. 

Your ideas please?

Views: 1447

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure what others are thinking, Bev, but my thought would be to have a color of the month (such as light blue, ocean blue, baby blue, navy blue, peacock blue, sky blue ... you get the picture :))) instead of a PoM.  As Chris said, perhaps give the PoM a rest and see if anyone misses it.

If it would be helpful, I can volunteer to choose the colors for each month ... hahahaha ... xo

Oh no that's not gonna happen, Glo...there are other colours besides blue, you know....like pink!!....hahaha.

I think it would be a great idea to give the PoM a rest and do something new.  :))

Thanks Chris and Glo...and to you, Elsi for this GREAT suggestion!! We all LOVE new ideas. Elsi, would you like to take charge of CoM and you could let Gloria know at the start of each month? Of course, it would need to coincide with the theme of the month, so I would not be asking you to decide the twelve colours all at once. No pressure....you are free to say no if you'd rather not.  :))

I love this idea!  

I'm defo in for colour of the month suggestion (instead of the pattern). ✔️✔️✔️

To be honest, I never realised that the Pattern of the month was supposed to be used that month. I think a colour is a great idea. I was thinking if we could use colours with the same letter as the month but already came unstuck at January: jaundice yellow? juniper green? But I think there are lots of great colours that others can suggest: how about (and I know this is 2 colours) black and white? To use up all that pesky black that is so difficult to knit in poor light (someone gave me a load of black yarn so still trying to think of ways to use it).

I've often wondered if the PoM used to have more significance than it does now as hardly anyone seems to take any notice of it (people who post photos anyway). I think substituting with a colour is a great idea.

I have tried to use it a few times, but as I am not a confident crocheter I have come unstuck with crochet patterns. That said, I would not like the crocheters to lose out by them always being knitted POMs.

I think giving it a rest and then reintroducing it may be a good move.

I really like the idea of a CoM instead of a PoM. 

We can then all choose whatever we'd like to make, PJ's, fancy stitches, flowers, hearts.....whatever we feel like making.

I've been thinking about the colour of the month idea. I'd rather we were told all the colours in advance because if we don't find out the colour until the 1st of each month we have less opportunity to source some yarn and plan and make our squares in the time.

I agree Patricia, I also like to plan ahead. Perhaps when the host for the theme is arranged their colour choice could be decided then, so the themes and colour for each month are together.

Spot on, Patricia.....it would be handy to know the colours in advance.  :))

What do we think about a 'girl' month and a 'boy' month, as we did a few years back?

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

WRAP 4 CHILDREN IN BLANKETS

This item will allow Knit-a-Square to pay our wonderful co-team workers – the Gogos (grandmothers) – to sew the squares received from across the globe into blankets for the children. $5 US will pay for 4 blankets to be stitched together.

THE KAS SHOP

SQUARES LIST

The March 2021 Squares List will be delayed. Our sincere apologies. Please visit the

2021 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

APRIL

Colour Of

the Month

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service