You are invited to

It’s that time of year when we dig out our recipe boxes, make a list of needed ingredients, and start baking up batches of Christmas Cookies – those ones the family looks forward to all year.
Since we can’t get together as a group, we thought that a ‘virtual’ exchange would be fun. We hope that you all will share your favourite recipes below.
What fun to try a member’s recipe from France, Germany, England, South Africa, Croatia, Canada, the USA, or any of the other multitude of countries represented in KAS.
Anything goes, as long as you think it is delicious. It can be calorie laden, gluten free, easy or challenging to make, squares (the edible kind – not knitted!), and not even a cookie! Christmas puddings and cakes, fudge and other Christmas sweets are also welcome.
If you have a photo of your baking, please post it with your recipe, if not – no worries.
If your recipe has been handed down, we can consider it an original (no need for a source), if you found it on the back of a bag like Chipits, please mention where it came from.
Because we represent so many countries, and some of us are on metric and others are not, here is a Conversion Chart:

Views: 1627

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Anne, this recipie had my son drooling...... but like Wendy, I would respond in the same way to almonds and almond essence! When we visit Judes KAS fundraiser in Purton, one of the ladies there makes scrumtious Bakewell tarts, which have almonds and almond essence in abundence...... Jude kindly treats Andrew to a large one of these as a thank you for his support..... if he had a tail it would wag!

To all you bakers - just in case you have discovered a new cookie recipe you would like to share, we will keep this discussion open until the end of January.

Wendy and Chris - do not despair!  If you have an aversion to almond flavouring, Dutch Butter Cake can be made with other flavouring.  I poked around on the Internet and discovered that some people  flavour it with candied ginger, and some with lemon zest, and there are probably other options as well.  I think I will try both the lemon and the ginger, since I love them both (but not as much as almond)

Thank you Anne......I love both lemon and ginger :)))

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The JULY 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Patterns for

Diagonal Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service