Opening Days in the

Knit A Square Barn 2021

From this...

...to this...

...to this...

...ending with full shelves.

Opening day at the KAS Barn is all about opening parcels and sorting the squares.  Bundling the squares to be sewn into blankets and then preparing blankets for distributions.

We hope that 2021 will be a year of great success for KAS and all the children of South Africa that receive KAS blankets.

Views: 11975

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Totally incredible! Such a variety of patterns and colour. It's a mind-blowing experience just scrolling down all these photos.

Chris, I love your blanket and even more....your KAS in a Nutshell.

Blanket Cake disappearing in real time.....

From Estelle...

Thank you Kate from Circle 108 ⭕️ for sharing your video with us. The mountain of blankets being photographed at the KASbarn on Tuesday. There’s no way Leanne can keep up folding them as Sue whips them off the pile. Let’s hope Ronda doesn’t get dizzy up there till she’s completed her happy snaps.

What a treat!!!  Thank you, Kate, for taking this super video ... and Estelle and Amy for sharing.  So this is how our blankets end up photo'd for the Blanket Room.  The process runs like a well-oiled machine :))

Ronda, I do hope you are extra careful while you're w-a-y up there snapping away!

Well done, everyone ... xo

What wonderful team work! Thank you for allowing us to ‘share the cake’ with you :))

No wonder I have so many photos to post in The Blanket Room each week - they're disappearing off the cake quicker than I can get them on the screen!

Just wait until all these blankets come your way...you will be soooooo  busy!

What a great video. What is Circle 108? I don’t think I’ve heard of that before.

I have asked Estelle for more information.  I think their main focus is food resource, but are branching out to blankets, too.

Lovely to see! Great work ladies, one photographing, one removing and one folding. Great team work.

From our valiant reporter on May 11.  Thank you so much Estelle for bringing us right into The Barn!

Opening day at the KASbarn Tuesday 11 May.
Now that’s what I call a lot of post.
Wandi and Temba were off bright and early to do the first distributions in Soweto this year. We’re thrilled that the blankets are going out but unfortunately we can’t always photograph each child with their blanket. In some crèches and schools the children still have to alternate the days they go to school.
Hop along Mands popped in to collect beanies for her distribution in Diepsloot on Friday. Be careful with that knee we need you back in the barn.
Absolutely stunning blankets arrived in the post today...coming from Karen Gordon,
Circus theme from Chris Chiplen
at least 6 from Patricia Underwood and many, many more.
Did the two plain ones come from your box Valerie Zalewski?
Christmas in May...not one but two parcels arrived from Marion Davies containing the most incredible picture squares. We really appreciate the time, thought and effort that all of our contributors take creating these squares for our children. Wow!
Sue opening Valerie Zalewski’s parcel and Ath flat out opening parcels today. It’s great to see you in the barn Ath.
Not sure what so hilarious Viv, is it something you found in the cupboard?
Tracy Ronda’s niece from Zimbabwe came to help us today. You can come anytime Tracy...you just got on with whatever had to be done. Thanks.
Sphiwe Mahlangu, a most caring young man from THE 100% FOUNDATION in Benoni chatting to Ronda. He helps run the early childhood and development centre who help 250 children ranging from 0-6 years. He collected 100 blankets for the foundation.
Toys popping out of Valerie’s box.
Once again we didn’t come close to opening all of the post. These boxes will be collected for recycling.

One of my parcels was posted way back in September - so glad to see it's finally arrived. I've already seen several others that were posted earlier this year. Patience is the name of the game!

I'm so happy for you Patricia.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

DECEMBER

Color Of The Month RED

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service