Opening Days in the

Knit A Square Barn 2021

From this...

...to this...

...to this...

...ending with full shelves.

Opening day at the KAS Barn is all about opening parcels and sorting the squares.  Bundling the squares to be sewn into blankets and then preparing blankets for distributions.

We hope that 2021 will be a year of great success for KAS and all the children of South Africa that receive KAS blankets.

Views: 11975

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Just love seeing everyone's work - so inspiring!! But I wonder if the volunteers sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed when they see the pile of packages to be sorted and the squares waiting to be joined?? I read something yesterday that said Knit-a-Square has donated over 82,000 blankets since you started. That is an amazing figure!!

The package from Japan could be the one my friend Yasuko and I sent the end of last year, although I know you have other people contributing from here too.

oh!! I just saw on your homepage that the number is over 90,000!! The other place I saw it must have old information!!

I’ll check next week Sadie it’s quite a big box. 

Thank you. Since hearing you get charged for every box, we decided to go for bigger boxes less often (we are lucky that Japan still does seamail)

Love the blankets with the trains/planes etc and elephant squares, so cute! Love the ingenuity of the 'not a square' blankets too.

Good to see a parcel from me has at last arrived, I think this was my first post Covid parcel that contained 8 Blankets (almost 6 months of work, and the largest parcel I have ever sent).

Wendy Linda opened your parcel so I’m not sure if it was the post covid one.

Thats Ok, so long as I know they are arriving ok.

Thanks for sharing these pics so promptly Amy. 

You make it very easy...I just hope I match the right picture to the subject matter.

Hi - the squares in this blanket were made by Annie Keller in Gloucester, UK, and sewn together with borders by me, Jill Lea, in France.   Each time Annie visits from England she brings with her squares she has knitted.   There are another two blankets-worth of squares from Annie in one of the two parcels which Estelle tells me have just arrived for opening (Thank you, Estelle!).  Thanks for photographing my extra thick squares, Amy, (- they knit up more quickly)!    Thanks as always to all at the Barn for the work that you do and for letting us see everyone's hard work in knitting, crocheting, etc.   Please all stay safe and well and wrap up the children for your winter.   Love to all.

Fascinating, I love the photos and comments from the Barn Opening Days. It’s lovely to see everyone’s work arriving and how happy the volunteers look opening all the post, a mammoth task I’m sure.

I am so delighted to see that one of my parcels posted last year has arrived safely.

The parcel contained 6 blankets, 30 dolls and 23 hand warmers.

The blankets shown are from the Circus theme and the Vroom Vroom theme.  

I purchased the yarn for the Vroom Vroom theme on my first expedition from home as lockdown eased here. Then I saw my bus coming and I decided to run, causing the bag of yarn to split and spill all over the footpath!! 

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

DECEMBER

Color Of The Month RED

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service