Ever wonder what happens with all that mail that arrives in South Africa?  It goes to the KAS Barn where many volunteers SORT everything out to eventually be distributed to local children.

Please check in here on a regular basis to see photos from all the activity in the KAS Barn during 2020.

Views: 6821

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There was activity at The Barn on November 13.  Here is Estelle's account:

I opened the KASbarn this morning for Thomas from the Abraham Kriel Children’s Home to collect the 170 blanket sets for their children. We hope that these blankets, toys etc.  will bring joy to these children and make their Christmas just a bit more special. Thanks to everyone from the contributors, Athelé for organizing it with Anne- Marie Le Roux, Ronda for giving us free rein this year and Linda for helping with the back breaking packing, to make this large distribution possible. Looking forward to loads of pics Annie.
I dropped seven lovely blankets from Des Friend at the KASbarn this morning. Thanks Des you’re a star ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ one for each blanket.

Fabulous news!   Well done, we're all behind you..........

Fabulous blankets!!  It looks like during hard times contributors are really stepping up.  A big BRAVO to all the volunteers in SA.

Here is the news from Estelle on November 17:

If it’s Tuesday it must be KASbarn day. We were delighted when Bernard brought the post...we hate seeing empty pallets. There wasn’t an enormous amount of post which we expect every week so somewhere along the line there’s a serious backlog.

Joyce and Heather from Misfit were our first visitors armed with bags of 32 beautiful blankets.

I was surprised and delighted when one of the staff from our office block asked me to come and fetch “my box “ from her locked office, needless to say I had to call for help as there were 10 boxes from KNIT FOR LIFE . Thank you Pam and Elaine. Athelé couldn’t wait to start unpacking one.

Linda is hiding behind one of the Cath Riley’s she joined this week the other one is on the cake in front of her.....didn’t take her long to get hooked on them.

Wendy Hinson from Australia we love your pink blanket and all the matching goodies, even the bunny matches.

Judith Rose from California thank you for the fabulous toys.

Linda and Liz were sorting and counting and please note the how the cake has risen today. Thanks for the pics Ath.

We received some gorgeous squares from one of our local contributors Nellie Potgieter.

I’m always thrilled to pick up a parcel!

Thank you Estelle and Athele for the newsy update and photos.  Always great to see activity in The Barn.

Thank you for sharing them Amy. Ath and I are always thrilled when our contributors see their work and what’s going on in the barn. 

Yay! Lovely to see parcels are filtering through now. The one from me was sent at the end of February. It was one of the last one's I sent before the postal system shut downs.

Terrific - you've made my morning special with this update ♥️

I'm glad to see that not only the stocks are rising in the Barn but blankets have been sewn up from squares noticed some of my diagonal squares in another thread.

It really is a tonic to see life in The Barn again! Thank you Estelle and Athele for taking and sending the photos, and Amy for sharing them with us :))

I’m so happy to see our stuffed animals in the KAS barn. Kathy and I had just boxed them up in March when we were told they couldn’t be sent. I hope the children in the crèches will love to cuddle with them. 

Oh they will Judith just like we love to cuddle them. They will make the children so happy, thank you and Kathy.

More great photos and comments from Estelle on December 1:

Today’s post consisted mainly of huge boxes, we didn’t manage to open all of them as we were packing for distributions. There are going to very happy contributors but sadly there won’t be any in Croatia.
We received four boxes from Amy Pettigrew filled with 11 beautiful blankets, the cutest crocheted toys and many squares from the various themes from the last couple of months.
 Some of the boxes we managed to open...
Joy Evans four boxes of beautifully knitted squares,
Mili Kus your blue bags full of squares and about 5 stunning blankets, Patricia Underwood Christmas squares and 4 fantastic C/C blankets There also boxes from Kathleen Bergman, Noortjie Pronk, Japan, Germany and many more.
Don’t despair Croatia some of these boxes were posted in February.
Liz with her beautiful blanket - Amy’s owl. Audrey was in just to pack for a distribution she organized.
It was great to see Ronda and we are thrilled to see the shelves filling up again.
Happy to see your blue bags Mili? Thank you for the lovely yarn you included in your bags.
Athelé and Linda flat out as usual and Elaine Joubert visited us and fortunately I could show her the Christmas blanket I made from her squares.
I had to include the last stunning blanket Sue Anousakis from the Waterfall team made using squares from Janet French from Scotland.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2021

SQUARES LIST

The MAY 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

JULY

Color Of The Month ORANGE

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service