Ever wonder what happens with all that mail that arrives in South Africa?  It goes to the KAS Barn where many volunteers SORT everything out to eventually be distributed to local children.

Please check in here on a regular basis to see photos from all the activity in the KAS Barn during 2020.

Views: 6519

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I remember the blue wavy one and the others are very familiar. I’ll have to check the packing slips when I open the barn again. Ath and I will go in on Tuesday if Bernard collects post for us. Have you checked the blanket room? Unfortunately not all of the blankets have been photographed this year. 
By the way they are all beautiful thank you. 

We are doing a Happy Dance in Houston because we just learned that we can now send to South Africa.  Boxes will be in the mail soon.  We have not mailed since MARCH!!!  Gals at Clear Lake Methodist are so excited!!

That’s great news Helen and so are we excited. We love getting your parcels and your lovely squares. 

Wonderful to see you, Molly, with the ubiquitous blue bag!  Great recycling!

I showed Mum this today.  It is so exciting that her blanket has arrived.  I am so glad that things are getting through now.  Long may it continue as the kids will need some comfort.

Helen, I mailed my first box about three weeks ago, and it has made it to SA.  I hope and pray to see it in The Barn next week.  I posted all my items, and my garage is now clear of boxes...I agree Happy Dance.

We can’t wait for your parcels Amy. We were surprised how few parcels there were in the post today. Bernard hadn’t collected post for two weeks so we thought that we would be inundated with parcels today but we managed to clear them in about an hour. 

Estelle and Athele were able to make it to The Barn on October 22.  

Estelle has given us a newsy update and wonderful photos.

Ath and I popped into the KASbarn to gather some much needed squares. We were delighted to see neatly packed post which Bernard had collected.
Just few pics...Ath having a wonderful time opening Susanne Levertons big bag. Lovely animal squares, blankets hats and the dearest little lamb I’m sure there were lots of other goodies as usual Susanne.
Amy one of your boxes arrived with the most fabulous Vroom Vroom squares car, planes etc (theme squares), scissors, toys, KAS bags etc. Must apologize about the toilet paper in the pic Amy didn’t send that!
Chris Chiplen your memory blanket for Sharon, your sister arrived. I’m sure she would have loved the super colours in your variegated yarn. Thanks for the beautiful card you included for the volunteers.
Wendy Hinson your parcel arrived from Australia with the fabulous blue/red/ grey/ yellow plus two more blankets plus all kind of useful goodies.
Lovely teddies and a stunning pastel blanket. I’ll post this one again as I’ve had a mental block about it but just had to share it....so beautiful.
We also unpacked great bright crocheted squares from Elayne Rose and pastel squares from Julia Bishop.
Jill Lea I’m sure you can see your blue bag ( second one) in the background in of one of the pics. Thanks for the stunning blankets.

Thank you Estelle (and Amy) for the latest Barn news. I am so pleased to see that my memory blanket has arrived.

So good to see parcels arriving again! The one with my blue/red/yellow/grey squares was sent last December! Covid sure did hold up it's arrival.

Estelle - thank you for letting me know that the parcel arrived.   I've another one nearly ready to send off.   Please keep an eye on Athele when she opens parcels - she looks lethal with that orange-handled knife!    Thank you to all the volunteers who go into the Barn and keep us up to date with what is going on.   I've loved seeing pictures of all the squares and blankets AND the toys!   Love to all. J

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

Want to learn something new this month?Why not pick up a copy of

BEGINNER TUNISIAN CROCHET

in

THE KAS SHOP

and learn something

New To You!

SQUARES LIST

Due to Covid-19 the Squares lists are delayed.

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

COLOUR OF THE MONTH

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service