Edited by Gloria Grandy

THE NOVEMBER 2015

SQUARE HEART AWARD 

IS FOR

KAREN BENNETT

and her Mum

JULIE HOBSON - UK

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our Square Circle Forum met Karen and her crafting talents in August of 2010. 

A Forum friend wrote:

"After we met Karen in the summer of 2015, she went away and made a blanket to include each one of us that attended, with her thoughts on each one of us."

This is Karen's very special "Big Day Out" blanket!

How inspiring it is to browse through her photos.  Treat yourself and have a look:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?scree...

Whether it's squares ...

... or cuddles ... 

... slip overs ...

... or  jumpers...

... handwarmers ...

... or cuddly toys ...

... Karen has never failed to amaze and delight us with her talents.  And more importantly, the children in South Africa have benefited from the care she takes to create color, warmth and fun for them to enjoy!

Karen's mum Julie joined us in April of 2013.  

Here is a tiny sample of the wonderful things she has made for the children.

Karen shared this with us:

Here we have 19 squares from my mum, Julie Hobson.

Yes, this is the same mum who donated all of her yarn to me a couple of months ago because she didn't think she was able to knit very much due to the start of arthritis.

Nonetheless, it appears she has been bitten by the KAS bug ...

Please have a look through these photos of Julie's beautiful work ... 

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?scree...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WARM HUGS

and a huge

THANK YOU

to

KAREN and JULIE

for your kindness,

your generosity,

and your

unending supply of beautiful stitches!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Karen and Julie for your wonder contribution. Congratulations o receiving the award. No doubt your work is now keeping quite a few children warm.

• Congratulations Karen and Julie.  Your work is impressive and inspiring.  Thank you for being such wonderful supporters of KAS.

• Julie and Karen,

THANKS for your generous heart!! Congratulations!!!

• Congratulations, Karen and Julie!  You keep us all inspired!

• Oh my goodness, I’ve just logged on to the forum to upload pictures of another bundle of squares and Zanny Ts from my mum….. and I saw this! I was so surprised and really touched – thank you for all the kind words and comments. We love knitting and crocheting for KAS. Mum isn’t a regular forum visitor, but I will print this out and show it to her… she will be amazed. As you can see from her pictures, she started knitting again when I told her about KAS and she hasn't stopped since. 

Oh Bev, funny you should mention the anti-UFO blog…. I gave up in exasperation as the UFO pile never quite disappeared…. it just evolved.

And the Christmas mini-challenge…. Shall we do it again this year?

But honestly, thank you again from me & Mum…. I don’t think we deserve it, but it made my day. Hopefully I’ll be able to post a picture of my first ever completed granny square blanket next week (typically, started for the October challenge but, as ever, I was a bit over-optimistic!). x

• Karen and Julie, you have both produced so many wonderful things for the children; a well deserved award!

• Congratulations to you both xxx

• How wonderful that the two of you are awarded this month's square heart!  You both do such wonderful, thoughtful, bright and cheery items.  I always love to see what you've done next!  Your talents far and away exceed my own, and you inspire me to try new things.  So happy you've been awarded the honor.  Congratulations and thank you for all that love!

• Oh wow - such gorgeous creation! Being a blanketeer, just low the variety of colourful squares. Congratulations on your achievements. Warm thank you from South Africa!
This reply was deleted.