On parcel opening day at Ronda's home, if she gets a chance she enjoys taking photographs of various items received from the Post Office.  Obviously, Ronda cannot be expected to take pics of everything, but it would be nice from time-to-time to see what arrives.  Many wonderful contributors do not feature their work on the Forum so we are likely to get a chance to see other interesting garments and squares!

Views: 17979

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It makes one want to dive for the needles or hook and get working on more and more beautiful things for the children.

Photos from parcels opened on 9th May :

11 volunteers turned up (1 behind the camera!)

Happy faces, great packages!

:-)

Cool! I see my box in the 8th picture. Its the tiniest box right above the Amazon one :).

As the bar room empties, the other room fills up.  Can you even walk in that other room?  LOL!
AND once the bar is empty, you can celebrate, right?

From the second photo from above I can see that my package with the Tomten jacket and 10 squares has arrived safely! I use the date posted as a reference, the package number. Easy for Ronda and I know which package has arrived in SA.

I love seeing all these pictures. Thanks so for putting them up. It is so encouraging to see the products in your home and being opened up. I have a question. How many squares do you use to make one blanket? I have been putting black edging on all my squares and would like to send them in one package so they can be sown into the same blanket but need to know how many squares you use. Thanks

Hi Debbie,

KAS uses 35 squares for each blanket, (5 across by 7 down). I also often send a full blanket's worth of squares and have seen a couple of them in photo's when sewn together in SA.  I usually include a photo to show how the squares should be laid out.

Have fun and please post a photo of your squares when done if you can.

What a joyful riot of color and texture! 

It is soooo nice of you to post these pictures, and show all the wonderful smiling faces.  What a lot of work there is to do, but everyone seems really glad to get in there and do it with a smile and a laugh.

As Valerie said, it makes you want to dive for the needles and get some more squares on their way.

Some squares prepared and ready for the wonderful team of Gogo's to turn into blankets!

What a relief to see all these squares when I've been held back by health from doing tons myself. That being said, I've kept my eyes open and have a lot of stuffies to send off (stuffed animals) and even a knitted dress some girl will enjoy.  What a bonanza of bright colors in these squares, I can just imagine the joy the people had who made them.

Recent opening day pictures - do feast on these!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

OCTOBER

Color Of The Month BLUE

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service