Our wonderful 'parcel opening' team!

The volunteer team turn up each week to sort your squares, hand warmers, tops, hats and cuddlies so that more and more vulnerable and deprived children are given a sense that they are valued and cared for!

Views: 23268

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Wendy, South Africa will be pleased to receive your hand-warmers. 

Your hats are always so bright and colourful as well as being a good size for the children.  Please continue to make your lovely hats.

A tip for anyone beginning to make hats: If the hat fits the knitter then it will fit a child.  Most children have almost adult sized heads by the time they are 4 years old.  Plus we want the hats to fit for many years. 

I have a large sized head (not much in it though, lol) so I know to make the hat a bit smaller than will fit me comfortably.  If you have a grandchild or a neighbor child or one of your own running around, use them for handy sizing.  :)  

I have several pairs knitted by the lovely ladies in my local retirement homes and some crochet ones of mine. I'll put them in the post after Christmas.

I have a large parcel of hand warmers ready to post pension day after Christmas

NEWS FROM THE OFFICE - WENDY !

Kim and I collected 9 large mail bags full of mail from two different post offices yesterday and the new Bryanston Post Office is confident that they will be up and running from Monday, 11 January – let’s see!  They have moved in already, but they have no operating systems in place so cannot actually work as yet.

I've been waiting six months for my winter garden to be installed.  It is now winter and I am still waiting.  It seems that events are moving faster in SA.

I am so so thankful to hear news of the new Bryanston Post Office...this is truly an answer to prayer.

Also, it looks like tons of blankets when you see them rolled up on the shelves like that, but I did a rough counting on one set of shelves and even if there's 20 blankets per "cubby hole"  that's still only 4 or 5 distributions of 40 blankets and we're back to ground zero again.  Just saying, in case anyone thinks that's a lot, I know I did until I began doing the math. :)

Well we are here in SA and have been for a week. It is SO hot and I understand why squares can't be made and sewn up!! I brought a suitcase full of squares, hats and hand warmers. I have also bought some small cuddly toys as they are often too difficult to pack and send. I am meeting up with the KAS ladies the week after next for an unpacking session, so I am really looking forward to that. I will let you all know how it goes and put on pictures. Enjoy your cold weather!

So glad that you have arrived safely.  It will be wonderful to meet the KAS SA team in person.  A big hug to all!! 

Hi Cath, so pleased to hear you have arrived safely in SA. Have a great time with your family, I'm looking forward to seeing lots of photos of you hard at work in the KAS office. Say hi to Michael. :))

What a fabulous experience you are currently enjoying Cath. I look forward to your updates. So many squares and blankets for the children. Thank you.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service