Our wonderful 'parcel opening' team!

The volunteer team turn up each week to sort your squares, hand warmers, tops, hats and cuddlies so that more and more vulnerable and deprived children are given a sense that they are valued and cared for!

Views: 23271

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

yes marvellous and all in time for SA winter!

Great new office today. Light and airy. No more carrying sorted squares up the stairs.

Congratulations to the whole SA team on your additional premises.  You still have a lot of mail to open.  Estelle, thanks for the quick update.  We are always hungry for news items on Thursdays. 

Ronda sent these photos from this weeks opening session!

Lindi and Wandi checking the phone!

Initially it was thought that only 3 hand-warmers had arrived, but thankfully a 4th was found! The team joked that they would have to find a 3-handed kiddie!

How fabulous to see my blanket so beautifully sewn up and bordered. Looks So much better when it's complete. Thank you so much Estelle.
Such a pleasure Cath. I love working with your squares. I opened the parcel with the yellow edged squares and the red edged squares yesterday. Can't wait to get stuck into them but I have so many waiting to be joined.

what a wonderful opening day it was so many beautiful things!

Wonderful to see our boxes being unpacked.  I'm thrilled to see my crocheted Baby Bug and Cuddlefish nestled in amongst the teddies.  That lovely green frog with the big eyes caused a great deal of merriment when we were packing the boxes - it's a puppet and Pam was having fun playing with it, until we tucked it into the top of last box! The frog was in a big sack of toys donated to us by the Inner Wheel Club of Lutterworth Wycliffe who have been long term, and much appreciated, supporters of Knit for Life.

What a great birthday present, seeing a whole batch of my squares on the "sorted" page.. Hello to all the South African sorting and sewing team.
What a treat to be working on one level only! Found a pile of beautiful diagonal knitted squares among the remains of last year's post that was being opened and spent a wet miserable afternoon trying out various layouts. The squares are made up of three sets of 12, each with a neutral oatmealy half and the rest either red, blue or green in lovely primary shades. Unfortunately have no idea who they are from, but a big thank you to the hands that made them!

They sound really great. I'm looking forward to seeing a photo of that blanket.

Oh my goodness - Thursday afternoon after a morning of sorting in our new sorting room. No need to check the time or tidy up the board room, and when we get there next week, the squares that had not found driends the same size (or shape!) will stiil be there, allowing us to be much more efficient in opening, sorting and making blanket packs. The original office, with the incredible wall of shelving is being put to rights by Wendy (daughter Sarah came to help). With Wandi, Lindi, Estelle and Kim just ploughing through the parcels. I have carted home quite a few, no not true, very many small size squares to pair with other squares of alternate sizes.
Keep those parcels rolling in!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

NOVEMBER

Color Of The Month BROWN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service