Our wonderful 'parcel opening' team!

The volunteer team turn up each week to sort your squares, hand warmers, tops, hats and cuddlies so that more and more vulnerable and deprived children are given a sense that they are valued and cared for!

Views: 23203

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Wow I'm absolutely thrilled to see no less than 6 photos with items I have sent. The blue granny square cat was sent absolutely months ago, if not last year, and the dolls were only sent recently, so nice to see the backlog from the strike being cleared, well done to all you hard working volunteers

Yay! Glad to see you found some of your gorgeous goodies, Christine....what a thrill !!!!!

What a morning! And best of all, one of the pics show a space on those wonderful shelves - well done the distrinution team! You send them, we sew them and they distribute them - together we are keeping children warm.

What an enormous job, opening and sorting all that. You really are a devoted bunch of people.

I'm pleased that my "Molly" squares arrived safely!

Wow!  I want to comment on every photo but haven't the space or time or energy.  The dolls, the lovely bag of yarn for sewing up blankets, the toys, the school supplies...the smiling faces....with almost every photo I was going "wow" or "awwwww".  How you gals keep going with all that incoming....talk about a flood of love....but then I guess love is your fuel.  How grand to see how many people from around the world are loving and giving....and talented yarn artists too!  Thanks so much for posting this Pam, these are lovely to look at.  Very inspiring! 

p.s. I do hope Molly didn't see that pile of "Molly squares" and run for the hills, I might have been tempted but I am sure Molly is made of sterner stuff. :)

p.p.s. I love those little pocket pal dolls 3rd last photo....how cute and perfect for little hands to hold...you can see the love that went into making them.

Thank you for posting these wonderful pictures. It's so inspiring to see so many donations of all kinds to warm the children. The kid in me just wants to dive into in all that colorful cozyness.

W-O-W!!! So much love on display here......from all the knitted/crocheted items from our wonderful KASers, to the never ending dedication of 'our' SA team and Wilma and Sandy and their team.

Goodness what an overwhelming pile of mail. What a stella effort by the team to tame it all. Sometimes people have butterflies and 5 or 10 in a bundle, sometimes others have a miscellaneous heap, all kinds of wonderful piles. These busy hands are sorting the treasure. I look forward to seeing some of my four parcels in transit in view.Thank you.

This gives us an idea of the size of the task facing you all! Goodness me! 

I really wish I could spend a few weeks over there helping. Thanks to you all for your commitment. Xxxx

I have just seen my red and white sweater next to my lilac and white sweater with my brown and yellow one in the lower right corner and I'm so thrilled it's silly!!  In fact I gave such a jump my two Border collies took off barking their heads off! I'm about to head to the post office with another couple of parcels feeling greatly relieved at having proof that they are actually arriving and not just endlessly circling the globe. Best wishes to you all and hello to all the other KASers wherever they may be.

Fantastic, Marjorie - how exciting for you!

Be assured that the vast majority of parcels certainly do find their way to their destination and are put to very good use warming little bodies.

Congrats Marjorie!!! What a thrill !!!!! Lovely jumpers.  :))

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

WRAP 4 CHILDREN IN BLANKETS

This item will allow Knit-a-Square to pay our wonderful co-team workers – the Gogos (grandmothers) – to sew the squares received from across the globe into blankets for the children. $5 US will pay for 4 blankets to be stitched together.

THE KAS SHOP

SQUARES LIST

The March 2021 Squares List will be delayed. Our sincere apologies. Please visit the

2021 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

APRIL

Colour Of

the Month

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service