We have an office again!

Thanks to our members prayers and generosity we have these lovely clean and modern offices to work from!

The volunteer team turn up each week to sort your squares, hand warmers, tops, hats and cuddlies so that more and more vulnerable and deprived children are given a sense that they are valued and cared for!

Views: 14143

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Lauren Grace and Mary Anne what  superb colourful contributions !

Oh my gosh ya'll, I just saw this!!  How wonderful!  What a fabulous birthday gift, to know these made it to S. Africa and will be finding homes soon!!  

Really super Grace Vests...so colourful.

Some pics from when the team went to collect blankets from the Chiawelo gogos!

Ronda and Wandi with some of the gogos!

Blankets collected from Chiawelo gogos!

Blanket packs ready for the next sewing session!

From the Gogos noticeboard!

Wendy tried to capture the elderly folk doing their exercise class - it was so wonderful to see them keeping busy!  [Sorry it is so blurry!]

Wandi's grandson - Kgalemelo, joined the team to help!

Wandi and her grandson

A very handsome helper !

THE TEAM ARE BACK IN ACTION ! JUST RECEIVED THESE PICS FROM RONDA!

Lots of squares and our wonderful ladies are getting stuck in!  Let us hope that this trickle of parcels will filter through each week until the strike is officially over!!

Parcel received from Ronda's sister Charmian!

Hi Val
Popped in to the office this morning to find a box ofsqares from you waiting for me. They have been sorted by size and some have alreaady jumped into the as yet unfilled spaces left on the current blanket under construction!
They will all find homes in blankets over time.
Thank you for flying the KAS flag in France!

Oh I'm so happy they arrived and I'm convinced that you'll find good homes for them. When I see some of the elderly ladies who knit them, I understand that the squares are often far from perfect. Many of these ladies are half-blind and/or crippled with arthritis, but they love to feel that they are doing something useful.

Thank you so much Molly.

Such a welcome sight, let's hope we can get back to normally soon. I have a stick of squares I can't wait to post. Great to see these lovely ladies again opening parcels .

Great pictures and such encouraging news!

Totally agree with you, Amy....great pics, great news....I hope it ends soon before squares totally take over my house....

Me too. I find myself with about 1000 squares to send off and more coming in. I'm just going to send them off parcel by parcel even if it takes a few months. The trickiest part is finding postage money.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service