We have an office again!

Thanks to our members prayers and generosity we have these lovely clean and modern offices to work from!

The volunteer team turn up each week to sort your squares, hand warmers, tops, hats and cuddlies so that more and more vulnerable and deprived children are given a sense that they are valued and cared for!

Views: 14143

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Ooh Molly I am so happy that you understand the life and needs of Gigi! I am sure she will feel completely happy between flowers! xoxo

You have created such delightful characters Anneke! Now there is only Zebulon (call me Zeb) and Zebelita left and they have chosen to each have a blanket, rather than to share one.
Missy and Companions are all looking forward to the next big photo shoot.

They are not the only ones! I can't wait!!!

Thank you sooo much for your compliments! Tears of joy are rolling down my cheeks every time you write such lovely stories about my home made Zoo :)

I looove the names you have given them,  LOL. Very wise of Zeb and Zebelita to have chosen each a blanket for themselves, they already were a bit moaning when I put them in the box. They were squabbling and I heard them say, no that's my place, I want that place in the box, no it is my place and so on. When they each have a blanket they have their own space, nothing to moane anymore :))))

And like Valerie, I almost can't wait to see the next big photoshoot! xoxo

We are soooo close to having Missy and ALL the companions ensconced on blankets.
Zeb chose to have stars on his blanket (thanks for the heads up Anneke, that they needed their own space) but is not sure whether his interest lies in astronomy or astrology. Suppose time will tell.
Zebelita has three fluffy balls on her blanket and hopes to have time in the blanket room before the next distribution to perfect her juggling skills. She tells me that Cirque du Solei is looking for acts with a difference.

From Wendy :  Molly, Kim and I did a tidy up and shuffle of the office on Thursday and are pleased to report that it is very neat and tidy and the blankets are pouring in again!  So, we may not be getting any mail at the moment, but we certainly are using the opportunity to get ahead on making up blankets. 

The square-sorting desk - empty except for the few squares waiting for 'friends' in the background. 

The remaining beanies all sorted!

View from the top of 'the Great Wall of China'  !!

A couple of close-ups!

Our wall of blankets!

Same wall, photo taken further back

Good to see there is still a lovely supply of blankets awaiting distribution.  I was concerned that with the postal strike there may not have been enough squares/blankets for KAS to fill the remaining distribution requests for the rest of the year.

Keeping my fingers crossed for an end to the postal strike soon!

Fantastic job everyone. The wall of blankets is a sight for sore eyes isn't. Molly I love your racing mind and spinning and twirling stories of the animals.

The wall is an inspiration to keep the work going.  Ladies of the sorting room....enjoy the calm before the storm.  Praise God we are heading into summer with the strike and not the cold winter months.

To see how Missy Sheep and the rest of Anneke's gang are faring go to the Blanket Room http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/the-blanket-roo?page=23...

some pics trickling through :

35 beautiful squares knitted by Lauren Hake - granddaughter of Laurie!

Opened on Mary Anne Fellows birthday!

From Grace Weir!

Awesome!!!!  Great work, Ladies!!!

How special to have your parcel opened on your birthday, Mary Anne.....and a beautiful bundle of goodies it is.  :))

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

OCTOBER

Color Of The Month BLUE

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service