• I'm late, again....

Two beach umbrellas (or beach balls, maybe?):

2886823289?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

2886823364?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Sand, surf, and beach towel:

2886823753?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Beach huts:

2965519273?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Linda, your TC and cro-knitting is just soooo creative.  I love it!  I like how you've added the fuzzy white yarn in #3 for surf.  Very effective :))  And I especially love your 'beach balls/umbrellas' (kinda drawn to the blue one ... hahaha)  A super idea!  The children will love the texture and the wonderful colors ... xo

• I like that particular blue, too. It says summer to me. Do you have a favourite blue?

The blue umbrella was my second attempt at doing a circular motif, and using a slightly different joining technique. As luck would have it, I have since found several tutorials, and will likely follow their tips next time (e.g. using short rows instead of decreasing as I have been doing).

• I really like the changes in texture/stitch in each of these squares, Linda. I love them all but have to agree with Bev that the beach huts are something special.

• When I started that square I had plans to do more, thinking that the small coloured blocks would be a quick and simple way to do beach huts...UNTIL I decided that gable ends were really needed, and then how about doors, and what about outlining the gable....?! So, the next beach hut square is a long way off in the future :)

• Well worth the (tiny) wait, Linda!! They are all fun squares, but I REALLY love your beach hits....how delightful !!

• Indeed. Delightful squares, Linda. Thanks

• Sorry, that should read beach HUTS  (or cabins).     :))

• Yes, but you know here at my local beach, huts would be a real hit! Heated, of course ;)

• 2930390148?profile=RESIZE_320x3202930389590?profile=RESIZE_320x320

Current projects hot off the needles to complete my contribution to this fun theme : 23 waffle style squidgy sand coloured squares - and 8 nautical looking diagonal squares. 

Thank you ever so much for hosting this theme - it's been ace!    You were a super host Lesley X

This reply was deleted.