Ronda and Wendy have been producing quite a catalogue of photographs from the recent distributions, rather than post them a few at a time, it was decided to create a discussion page where they could be displayed more speedily so that members might be able to spot their squares, garments or hats earlier!  Spotting one of our own creations in Africa really does spur as on to even greater creativity!

Here is one of the gorgeous children in a
'before' and 'after' photo!

Often one reads comments from members wishing they could do more, but the only thing we have to do, is exactly the amount of goodness that each of us has available from looking after our families etc.,  EVERY SQUARE  is so very valuable, and it does make a difference. KAS members have contributed an astonishing number of squares during the last 4 and half years - added together, we have brought comfort and warmth to thousands upon thousands of deprived, vulnerable, and, sadly often unwell children.  Below is a quote from one of the loveliest Africans to grace that continent - Bishop Desmond Tutu which really summarises everything the KAS Band of Sisters & Brothers do, day in day out, freely and without thought of self!  We knit & crochet to support these children totally unconditionally.

Views: 15958

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

More wonderful pics from the Nancefield distribution :

It makes me SO happy to see all the smiling faces and all the activity!  Learning new things and working on all the little projects; I love it!  Would love to be a fly on the wall and see it in person, but all these wonderful pictures have made it very real!  Thank you Pam, Ronda and all the rest who made sure we got to see what was accomplished!  Woohoo, best Christmas present yet; seeing all these happy faces :)

I love seeing the pics of the children doing the jigsaw puzzles.....you can almost hear their little brains working hard using their problem solving skills....and can only imagine their joy in doing the colouring in pictures...who doesn't love to do that??!!   :))

Money WELL SPENT!  Thanks for making this possible  :*)

Here are the final selection of photographs from the wonderful Nancefield distribution - we all give thanks to the wonderful USA lead fundraising session, that made such a dramatic difference to that dark and dreary place. Now it is filled with light, joy and laughter  - and inspiration for the future!

And the motorbikes invade the play mat area.  There's just so much to see here that the mind boggles. It truly does, but in a very good way.  What a wonderful thing to be able to make such a concrete difference.  Onwards and upwards indeed.  God bless those ladies who started this fundraising effort, what an incredible pay off.  Now I am thinking, on seeing their thin clothes of Ronda's upcoming long sleeved sweater challenge.  I think many of us will be moved to do some warm work for the AIDS orphans of South Africa for their upcoming winter!

After a short time of chaos Jeanne, the teachers organised the motorbikes and football elsewhere!

I'm sure those pads make the floor less cold.  Good Job!

More from the Big Smiles Day Centre at Doornkop (Snake Park)

Wendy says the children are so funny - they all want their photos taken and then to be able to view themselves immediately on the camera, but it is so difficult to explain to them that they have to stand back in order for me to take the photo!  I was trying very hard to photograph the little boy sitting on the edge of the shelving !

I love how there is always such a variety of toys in each distribution...I tend to send the same two or three types all the time...because they are light, appear to be of a good quality and at a reasonable price (from a discount store). 

Everyone wants their picture taken, how cute.

Such a variety of stuff toys.

More from the Big Smiles Day Centre at Doornkop (Snake Park)

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The JUNE 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

AUGUST

Color Of The Month LAVENDER

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service