Ronda and Wendy continue to bring us wonderful photographs of the children receiving their blankets, hats and garments. Along with many story snippets of their experiences at the variations places.  These photographs not only confirm to the world that by taking direct action our members are making a difference

One Square at a Time!

Sharing has a way of multiplying happiness and dividing sorrow.

Views: 11207

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the first batch of photos from the Evergreen distribution :

And this is why I'm knitting in the middle of summer when the temps have ranged from mid 20's to 40C. These pics are so inspiring.  :))

Same here Bev, I knit my way through the one day cricket and the Australian Open.... Just sewing up a jumper now.

Haven't watched the cricket this year, but am LOVING the tennis...am knitting now  and waiting for today's games to start...what a perfect day.  :))

Cooler here on South Aus Yorke Peninsula...some fine misty rain earlier and a grey but calm sea..should go out and weed, but want to finish this jumper and start some squares..house looks like a disaster zone..oh well

Oh yeah...I hear you re the house being a disaster zone....same here...but the Australian Open tennis is but once a year!! ...that's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it.....lol.

No rain since forever and a forecast for 39C next Wednesday.  :(

Honestly, anyone who can ever explain the game of Cricket to me would get a gold medal, lol. My English cousin, who is Cricket mad, tried explaining it to me years ago...it never penetrated, lol. Having seen the actors playing Cricket on an episode of Downton Abbey has made me curious all over again.  No, you do NOT have to try to explain it to me, I just think it's funny.  I mean I don't even watch American Football but I understand that game....why can't I understand Cricket?  LOL

p.s. I even went to a site which said "Explaining Cricket for Dummies."  That didn't penetrate either!  (laughing out loud now)  

I guess my sports endeavors will be knitting and looming and crocheting.  I have in times past watched golf on tv and crocheted, that worked. 

2nd batch of pics from EverGreen distribution :

Lovely!!

Oh my goodness, I was just flicking through the photos here and I see some squares that I made at the end of 2012 and March/April 2013....YAY!!!! A snowflake, white kangaroo and part of a pink square that has a blue butterfly on it...what a thrill !!!!! 1. I saw my sqs   2. I remembered that I made them....lol.

Thank you for sharing these inspiring photos with us!
Yep, those are my squares! :) it's the little girl in the variegated hat with the light brown, sage green, yellow, and pink squares (back when the range of colors I could use was a little wider). Thanks Pam for reposting :).

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The JULY 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2020 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2020

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

PATTERN OF THE MONTH

Free Patterns for

Plain Janes

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2020   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service