It’s that time of year when we start to think of gift giving to

special people. Joy Evans posted a great idea  in

Let’s Talk Shop, so we have come up with the following gift

suggestion for some VERY special people.

At various times throughout the year, our team in South Africa worry that financial difficulties might affect what we are able to do for the children. This Christmas, why not give them a priceless gift - Peace of Mind.

Please give whatever you can afford, as every dollar helps, whether it be $5, $10, $15 or more. Let us know in this discussion if you have sent a gift and please make a note "Peace of Mind” on your Paypal payment. We will ask Leanne to keep us updated on the total and it will be posted in this discussion about once a week.

Gifting ends December 31, 2018.

Views: 1223

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I would be using Paypal but we have to put the amount in before choosing the method of payment.

On the Paypal page, the comma works like the decimal separating the dollars and the cents from what I see.

Patricia and Joy, I am certainly not a techie, but like you I found the comma a little off putting! But I got there in the end....... if for example you want to donate $10, type the 10 in until the 10 are the first digits in the line, then comes the comma and then the zeros. When you press to donate this, you then see the figure in its proper format, before you confirm to pay. I can still use my paypal account to pay, or you can use your credit card.

I hope this helps you a little......a little bit of peace of mind for you before donating :))

Thanks, Christine. I couldn't understand the comma because, in England at least, this would signify thousands of pounds whereas I wouldn't expect KAS to be anticipating donations of that size!

I'll try again.

Let me first say that I'm definitely technically challenged.  I tried what has been suggested to put in a lesser amount to see what clears on my credit card first.  Now, I'm having problems that it won't accept my zip code.  In the US, we have a 5-digit code and there is a 4-digit extension that the average citizen doesn't use.  Of course, I don't know mine!  At this point, it may just be easier for me to make a donation through the KAS Shop for postage.  (I haven't had similar problems when making donations in the Shop.)

I really appreciate your setting up the Peace of Mind fundraising campaign as a way to remind us to support all of the volunteers at this time of year!

I've done it!

Joy, I found Christine's instructions very helpful but that was using my PayPal account. Perhaps you should think about setting one up as generally I find it an easy way to pay for things but I just got confused with the comma this time. Having said that I must have worked out how to pay my monthly subscription when I first set that up!

Leanne happened to mention our Peace of Mind drive in her most recent blog.  Here is Ronda's reply: 

"... - just the title "peace of mind" is comforting indeed !

We love all who contribute in any way, shape or form, to keeping KAS swimming along with our heads above water. What a wonderful, generous, loving group of people you are - and how deeply grateful we are to each and every one ! "

Leanne has sent our first update for the Peace of Mind Fund.
We have raised $60 so far. Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could do this (or better) every week from now until December 31,when the 'gifting'ends?

Just imagine, the peace of mind that would come from having a little fund tucked away for those months when the KAS budget is stretched to the limit.

Thank you Leanne and Anne for the update. 

'Little by little, a little becomes a lot'...... how appropriate! It made me think of our members from across the world who send their few squares to SA, so that when joined with other squares are enough to create thousands of blankets each year....... a few dollars would work in the same way :))

This is great!  Thank you, Leanne, for tracking this for us.  What a terrific start.

I like your thoughts here, Chris ... just like our little squares adding up to a whole blanket - or blankets!  If each of us sends a little, together we will send a lot ... xo

Great idea. I am sending some Peace of Mind right now.

Thank you so much, Jeanne!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

Want to learn something new this month?Why not pick up a copy of

BEGINNER TUNISIAN CROCHET

in

THE KAS SHOP

and learn something

New To You!

SQUARES LIST

Due to Covid-19 the Squares lists are delayed.

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

COLOUR OF THE MONTH

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service