Hi,

I am still not knitting due to the hives, since I am on a low dose and weening myself off in order that I don't have another flare.

I was wondering what other home made projects kas accepts. I've seen homemade books for kindergarten, and other little games etc. I have been making little beaded bracelets and I wanted to know if they are acceptable. Please give me any ideas as I want to help, but not knitting for a little more while.

Thanks,

Cherry

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry to hear you are not 100% Cherry, but you are taking the right approach - steady as you go and you are less likely to have another flare-up.  We really appreciate your willingness to keep on doing things for the children!

The beaded bracelets, whilst being a lovely idea would certainly attract the attention of South African Customs & Postal service.  Here is the link to Ronda's Wish List for 2013 : http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/kas-wish-list-guideline...

The non-knit item that is very welcome are things on paper or card that educate or stimulate the children, and can be posted on the walls of creches - many of which are desperately bare.  If you have time, check out items that are used in the USA to help children develop their imaginations - this would be wonderful. Also, cards, learning books etc are much easier for Ronda to distribute.  At the moment, everything contained in the parcels is stored in her home - only the bathroom remains free of clutter - her husband Peter is wonderfully tolerant!

• Hi Pam

Reading about the need for baby blankets got me thinking that we can sew blankets out of fabric - which is softer than wool and more econonmical, as a one-off.  Would that be useful to KAS do you think?

Sonja

• Sonja - we will soon be posting Ronda's Wish List for 2014.  We will check to see if she wants baby blankets added to the list.  Meanwhile, it might be a good idea to concentrate on our major need right now - squares, squares, squares.

This reply was deleted.