I am  delighted to host this,  my first KAS monthly theme, and what a fun title to inspire us to get our needles clicking!  

From  crochet enthusiasts,  we are looking for lots of Granny Squares where the pattern radiates out from the centre in traditional,  solid  or sunburst  designs - or whatever you enjoy making.

Garters are,  of course, anything in plain knitting Garter Stitch (and its variations)  - stripes, diagonals, variegated wool, or the much needed Plain Janes.  A reminder that  this is the year of Plain Janes and  we would very much  like to see more featured on the Forum here.  

There's something for everyone in this month's challenge, so do  let your imagination run riot with colour and be inspired by the wonderful examples below that KAS members have already contributed this year.

So How Many  Grannies and Garters

Can We Create This Month?  

A reminder it takes 35 squares to make a blanket - and, as host,  I have set that as my personal target for the month, but even if  you have time only to make a few, they will  ALL  be welcomed.    You will be helping  to bring colour, cheerfulness  and warmth into the children's lives.

Here is the link to this month's Photo Album,

with special thanks to Linda for setting it up.

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/albums/2015-october-theme-grannies-garters

I am pleased to say that Linda is now onto a second Photo Album of gorgeous grannies & garters. To open it click HERE. 

Thank you to everyone- and do keep featuring your squares. 

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2965313581?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• A beautiful set of 35 diagonal garters from Susanne Leverton.  So nice to have her back from her travels.

October .....Garter Diagonals Blanket

• Squares from Gail Perlee.

Love the orange black Hallowe'en squares !

Halloween squares, Oct. 2015

Beautiful bright bold colours here !

Knitted Garter-Plus squares for Oct. 2015

• Blue diagonals. Thank you Susan for your words of encouragement. It was fun and I learned a thing or two. 

2886775894?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Two diagonal striped squares. 

2886776477?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• As usual, I'm just sneaking into this discussion at the very last moment!  21 grannies completed, 14 to go...

2930316652?profile=original

• Susan, this has been a wonderful theme, with lots of warm squares and blankets for the children. 

Thank you so much for hosting.  thank_ewe.gif

• Susan, I have enjoyed making granny squares.  Ning has decided to squish the photo !

2015 October - Grannies and Garters

• Here are my last two.

Thanks, Susan, for hosting this theme.  It certainly resulted in many, many beautiful squares!

2930316471?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• As we come to the end of October, I would like to thank everyone involved in this month's theme - to Linda for steering me though the technicalities of the introduction, to knitters and crocheteers for such wonderful, colourful grannies and garters, and to all for the kind comments to encourage us along.   . 

And I made my 35 squares - photographed here in no particular design.    To, Linda I was not up all night making them!  I must admit, I did start ahead of October 1st, but at just over an average of 1 per day that was not too arduous.  The biggest challenge was working out how to take a photograph of them all. 

I have appreciated the support I have received throughout the month in hosting the theme and it has been a  rewarding experience to know that we will be bringing warmth and brightness into the children's lives.  Thank You All.  2965320155?profile=original

This reply was deleted.