SQUARE HEART OF THE MONTH AWARD

Edited this month by Gloria Grandy

The Square Heart Award for October 2014 is for

Susan Donaldson - Scottish Borders, UK

In November of 2012, Susan became a member of the Square Circle Forum.  Not so very long thereafter, she was lovingly crowned our Queen of the Grannies!

Susan says her mother taught her to crochet grannies.  Just look at how well she learned!

Each month, she joins into the theme with her wonderfully creative handwork.  

Susan also knits beautifully!

Her comments to others are always extremely kind and supportive. She is a constant delight with her gorgeous sunny smile shining beside each entry she makes.  

Thank you, Susan!

You are a tremendous blessing to KAS and to every child who is fortunate enough to receive something from your hooks and needles!

Here is the link to photos of Susan's beautiful work:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?scree...

Views: 394

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It couldn't have happened to a more deserving KAS sister. Your work is always really lovely and your comments so cheering. Bravo!

Congratulation Susan , so well deserved , I can always spot your grannies

Congratulations, Susan. Most richly deserved!

Susan has contributed a wide range of squares and goodies for the children of Knit-a-Square very consistently and quietly over the past two years, so glad she is a recipient of this award!

Oh Susan, so glad to see you have received the SHA this month. Your grannies are always sooooo pretty and being a knitter, I especially love it when you post your knitted squares, in particular your diagonals. They are very inspiring and if I haven't made them in a while, seeing yours always gets me 'in the mood' to revisit the pattern again.  :)) Thank you for all the support you give to us all, too. You are a real sweetie. 

Congratulations Susan! A well deserved award, you consistently make lovely grannies and other beautiful items for the children. I am so pleased you have The Square Heart Award this month.

Susan how lovely to see you have the award this month. Thank you for your beautiful colourful work.

Congratulations to you, Susan! You so deserve this award. You are always so supportive to everyone and your work is beautiful. Xxxxxx

Susan, you are so deserving of this award!  

I always carefully examine your photos for ideas on color combinations and placement, and have copied them many times. (I hope you feel that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery???)

I can only hope that you enjoy making your squares as much as we enjoy seeing them.

Here's hoping we see many, many more wonderful, colorful squares in the future.

Warm hugs for a job so well done!

Congratulations Susan! What a treat to see a variety of your work in one place. The blanket room just loves incorporating the squares into warm kid hugs

How sweet to see you honored with the award, Susan!  You do so much for KAS and I am pleased to see you receive the monthly award!  You go, Girl!!

Congratulations, Susan.  You so deserve this award.  I look forward to seeing your squares in every challenge, and you always rise to the occasion and produce some beautiful work.  Thanks for all you do for KAS.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

HERE'S A SUPER IDEA

FOR A DONATION TO

KNIT-A-SQUARE

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

Due to Covid-19 the Squares lists are delayed.

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

COLOUR OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service