SQUARE HEART OF THE MONTH AWARD

Edited this month by Gloria Grandy

The Square Heart Award for October 2014 is for

Susan Donaldson - Scottish Borders, UK

In November of 2012, Susan became a member of the Square Circle Forum.  Not so very long thereafter, she was lovingly crowned our Queen of the Grannies!

Susan says her mother taught her to crochet grannies.  Just look at how well she learned!

Each month, she joins into the theme with her wonderfully creative handwork.  

Susan also knits beautifully!

Her comments to others are always extremely kind and supportive. She is a constant delight with her gorgeous sunny smile shining beside each entry she makes.  

Thank you, Susan!

You are a tremendous blessing to KAS and to every child who is fortunate enough to receive something from your hooks and needles!

Here is the link to photos of Susan's beautiful work:

http://forum.knit-a-square.com/photo/photo/listForContributor?scree...

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have only just clicked on this month's snippets - and what a wonderful surprise to find my name  under the Square Hearts Award.  I cannot thank everyone enough for thinking of me in this way,.  I was very much a beginner when I started making KAS Squares - and still cannot follow a written crochet pattern - but I have learned so much through KAS - knitting a diagonal square, discovering variegated wool, turning a central crochet circle into a square, and making plain jane crochet squares (I  follow the picture for the crochet patterns and hope it works out OK).  I have been so impressed from the start with KAS activities - the way it involves  local African communities, its vibrant interactive website, the stimulating monthly challenges and above all the many committed individuals that make it all possible. 

Thank you all for your support - I am very very touched by all the lovely comments.  Kind regards, Susan.

• Congratulations, Susan!!  Your grannies go a long way to making a blanket special. 

• Congratulations Susan! 

You are definitely the granny square queen.  I love all the bright, colourful granny squares you make, granny squares make such lovely blankets.

• Congratulations Susan!!!  So deserving!

• I'm sorry I'm so late in congratulating you Susan, but I hope you know that I think they couldn't have picked a more deserving person!  You know I love your grannies; always SO colorful!  

Keep up the great work that you do, it is SO appreciated!  <3<3<3

• Congratulations Susan, a very well deserved award. All your work is inspiring for all of us.I love your Granny squares AND your diagonals, superb! xoxo

• Susan, congratulations on a well deserved award !   Your squares and other items are always so beautifully made whether knit or crochet.

• Congratulations Susan on the Award. I have just scrolled through your work and I can say it is a riot of colour. Ooops I had a favourite to tell you I think it was a square called Var.8 - They are all bright and cheerful and I love the hand warmers too.

Great job. I guess you will see your hats on a warm head and smile. :) Thank you.

• Congratulations, Susan.  You so deserve this award.  I look forward to seeing your squares in every challenge, and you always rise to the occasion and produce some beautiful work.  Thanks for all you do for KAS.

• Congratulations Susan. You consistently turn out some lovely squares. By the way I noticed your name next door to mine on the received squares list and see that you live "next door" to me literally in the Scottish Borders, its a small world!!

This reply was deleted.