Welcome to our November theme 

Put on a Happy Face.

This month was going to be hosted by our dear friend, Anne Powell. Sadly, Anne passed away suddenly, in March.

Looking through her photos has sure put a smile on my dial. I have included some of her fun faces in the picture squares below. They are the little pink pig and the yellow/red and blue/blue variegated smiley faces.

Faces of all kinds are so engaging and just looking at them can put a smile on our own.

Squares featuring animal faces

Go For The Gold - July 2020  Celebrating African Animals - Zebra  SEPTEMBER 2015 THEME - Pig

SAM_0712   FuzzyBear  Teddy Bears Picnic

SmileyFrog  DECEMBER 2014 - MINI CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE  NOVEMBER 2014 THEME - BUGS, SLUGS AND HUGS

June. The Unforeseen  16" Unicorn Square. June.  February theme - Celebrate Africa

JUNE CHALLENGE - 8 Maids A'milking  I love cats  I love dogs

Fun Emojis....

July Theme Emojis Smiley & Spongebob 

2 Emoji Diagonals - July 2019 Theme Emoji's  12 Emoji Diagonals - Emoji Theme - July 2019  

July 2019 Theme: Emojis  SEPTEMBER 2015 THEME - Red Smiley  SEPTEMBER 2015 THEME - Blue Smiley

And all manner of fun faces

Fab Faces from Sesame Street  Fabulous faces....double square 

Fab Faces

If picture squares are not your thing, please consider making striped or single colour  squares in colours that will have you putting on a happy face.

And for your toe tapping pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_CE7GqqrvY

Views: 2875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I can only echo what the others have said - a beautiful blanket, and a wonderful tribute.

A beautiful, BEAUTIFUL blanket, Chris. LOVE the colours and the thoughtful tribute to our Anne.

The cross stitch is very sweet, as are those who made everything in this blanket possible. xo

Such a beautiful beautiful special blanket Chris. 

Bev you have been a wonderful host as always.........

Bev, you have hosted such a fun and inspiring month of faces, love and caring.

The tributes to Anne have been so touching and heartfelt.

Thanks to everyone that contributed to this month's theme.

Onto the holidays.

I'm sliding in under the wire here.  It's still November where I'm sitting :)  Back in February of this year, Anne asked me to make an illusion smiley face for her November theme.  I told her I would.

I had made one a few years back, but didn't safe my pattern.  Silly, I know.  Anyway, I've spent the last while working out another one.  It's taken a few tries, as you can see here ...

I, along with some very lovely friends, decided that the dark one here was the best.  I made another one just to be sure, and I think it's a keeper.

So for Anne, here is my November Smiley - with pattern duly documented and saved :)

And now, because I simply couldn't let a "Bev Theme" pass by without contributing something pink, here is my new Smiley pattern in pink.  I hope you like it, Bev ... xo

Wow Gloria these are very clever.    What a tribute to your friends in more than one way... ♥️

You certainly have nailed this pattern Glo, I have no doubt that Anne would be chuffed! x

Thank you, dear Glo...a month without pink...well, it's just unheard of....haha. 

Anne would be proud of your efforts and I'm sure she was cheering you on in spirit.

Dare I say, I think the best one of all is....wait for it...the PINK one...it just seems soooo friendly.  :)) xo

Love these Gloria. 

Hello, Dear Bev and all contributors.    What a wonderful, creative group!    The items made this month have been amazing, and will cause many, many smiles over years to come.

I'm so sorry that I've been absent most of this month -- I have renamed November the "Month of Interruptions" which caused me to miss out on the daily fun, but now I get to enjoy all of it at once.

This happy little froggy is something that I always liked, and when I saw that it was used in the intro, I had to pull out the pattern and make another.  He still makes me smile, and I hope he makes you smile too.

Stay safe, everyone.

LOL Sharon, I LOVE this little guy and I love your Tunisian Crochet skills :))) Thank you and well done ... xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

COLOUR OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service