Welcome to our November theme 

Put on a Happy Face.

This month was going to be hosted by our dear friend, Anne Powell. Sadly, Anne passed away suddenly, in March.

Looking through her photos has sure put a smile on my dial. I have included some of her fun faces in the picture squares below. They are the little pink pig and the yellow/red and blue/blue variegated smiley faces.

Faces of all kinds are so engaging and just looking at them can put a smile on our own.

Squares featuring animal faces

Go For The Gold - July 2020  Celebrating African Animals - Zebra  SEPTEMBER 2015 THEME - Pig

SAM_0712   FuzzyBear  Teddy Bears Picnic

SmileyFrog  DECEMBER 2014 - MINI CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE  NOVEMBER 2014 THEME - BUGS, SLUGS AND HUGS

June. The Unforeseen  16" Unicorn Square. June.  February theme - Celebrate Africa

JUNE CHALLENGE - 8 Maids A'milking  I love cats  I love dogs

Fun Emojis....

July Theme Emojis Smiley & Spongebob 

2 Emoji Diagonals - July 2019 Theme Emoji's  12 Emoji Diagonals - Emoji Theme - July 2019  

July 2019 Theme: Emojis  SEPTEMBER 2015 THEME - Red Smiley  SEPTEMBER 2015 THEME - Blue Smiley

And all manner of fun faces

Fab Faces from Sesame Street  Fabulous faces....double square 

Fab Faces

If picture squares are not your thing, please consider making striped or single colour  squares in colours that will have you putting on a happy face.

And for your toe tapping pleasure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_CE7GqqrvY

Views: 2876

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Bev, I can't believe that.....shame on you, ha ha  - I caught my Mam watching Babe 2 Pig in The City last weekend, she loves it!

Talking animals just don't do it for me, Karen....hahaha.

So cute there’ll be fabulous farm blankets out of these squares Chris. 

Great - I've enlarged your animal pictures to see how you're doing these, it's very effective.......is it printed material that you've made into animal patch style squares to sew on............??

Hi Karen, thanks for your kind comments. Yes, it’s a fabric that I cut into squares then tack them, press them and sew onto crocheted squares with ’invisible’ thread. I try to use yarn colours that will compliment the pictures.

To buy the fabric would be expensive, there are loads that would be great for the children, but they are outside of my budget. So I keep checking ebay for remnants, also until this year, a neighbour of mine who does patchwork, attends a big craft fair and she has on occasion bought small remnants for me. I have a little stash of animal fabric but have used up my ABC fabric..... time to check out ebay ready for next year!

These are a couple of the remnants....

Well I never, what a clever and very cute idea. ⭐

A wonderful idea, Chris, and so beautifully done.

Awww, Chris, I love your little piggy square :)  We had pigs on the farm when I was young, but the noise they made sort of kept me at a distance.  Yours, however, is very cute ... and very quiet ... hahaha ... xo

This sheep reminded me of my hair during lockdown....... but I didn’t look this cute! 

This version of the well known sheep song made me laugh, it starts off a bit slow, but stay with it :))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QX-52_P2HTw&autoplay=1

I've never heard/seen this before, Chris. It certainly raised a chuckle and the slideshow was fabulous. We're pretty much arable farming round here so it was lovely to see all the animals.

My regular hair appointment was due the first week of this lockdown so I'll have at least a month's extra growth before I can be shorn again.

Yep that's my hair about now, Chris!!...and as you say, I don't look anywhere near as cute, either....hahaha.

LOVE the sheep song, too....and the background scenery.  :))

I’ve loved seeing all your appliqué squares this month, Chris, and the colours go so well together.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

COLOUR OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service