Knit a Square moved into what we loving call The Barn in 2015.  It is located in Randburg, not far from our post office.  This is a very large space that allows us to sort all the post, make blanket packs, stack blankets, and most important create our wonderful KAS cakes.  Our volunteers show up on Tuesday morning around 9:00am and work their magic until about 3:00pm.  Themba has already collected the post, and often times will make a distribution on Tuesdays.  

Please know that the Barn is a success due to all our contributors, financial donors and volunteers.  Without your ongoing support we would find it difficult to carry on.

Thank you all for everything.

Check in to this discussion frequently to see the latest news and photos from The Barn.  Many thanks to our marvelous reporter, Estelle for bringing the fun of The Barn to us.

Views: 2340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

what AMAZING BLANKETS!!

Delighted to see bountiful mail and happy volunteers busy-botting around the Barn.   The good cheer is evident and most welcome ✔️

Busy-botting!? Is that some weird northern expression I've never heard before, or just a Karen Gordon weird expression? I do like the sound of it though!

Busy-botts cannot sit on their bottoms as they are 'too busy',  ha ha!

News from Estelle and photos from Ronda on May 10...

There were 42 parcels today which the team sailed through in no time at all. Ana arrived with her 30 blankets and joined the exciting opening of parcels. Good news for all…you can post again.

Is Viv warming her hands or the sausage rolls in the Microwave? There were lovely warm snacks from Ronda this morning.

Having a little cuddle there Norma?

Lovely pic of Lindi with a super warm beanie.Birdie’s has been studying, but hasn’t stopped sewing and took two more blanket packs. I seem to remember that this one and an autumn shade one was posted from Tracy Netherwood UK sometime in February.

Audrey and Liz enjoying opening post.Ana brought 30 blankets that she joined, helped with the post and folding of the photographed blankets. Is that some of the yarn Ronda bought or did it come in the post? Love the colours.

Wow Norma spoiled for choice!David and Wilma Gilson from Pretoria brought her and 4 friends annual contribution of 94 magnificent, soft, colourful and sweet smelling blankets all with matching beanies and hand warmers. What a wonderful contribution ( the equivalent of 3924 squares! ) Thank you Wilma and for the extra beanies and soft toys all smelling of roses.

Ronda unpacking Wilma’s car….beautiful blanket all edged and perfect.

Stunning blankets from Wilma and friends.The cake is rising again.

Cute toys from Karen Gordon.I had one parcel on my table when I came in. Thank you Sharon Rains Bedgood for these fabulous squares, beanies and hand warmers. You’ll be pleased to know that you can post again.

Viv and Themba did two distributions in Soweto 40 at White City and 40 in Dobsonville.

Biscuits and blankets all ready to go.

Thank you ladies for all this wonderful news.  Until next week...

So good to see parcels coming in again, I will be off to the Post office tomorrow to send another of mine!

Great news and pictures. Thanks for taking pic of Phyllis' toys ❤️.  Roll on more mail deliveries.

Great to see parcels arriving. Kathy and I mailed three boxes yesterday. 

Attachments:

Thank you for all this recent news. It's amazing to see how much flows in, so much love and talent and determination to warm the children. Bravo everybody!  And that annual contribution of 90+ blankets all finished and with hats and handwarmers? My goodness that's staggering and fantastic at the same time.

Great news from Estelle in The Barn on May 17, the mail is getting through to The Barn.

Opening Day at the KASbarn May 17 2022.
Pure bliss…not one but two collections of post today. Minutes after Raymond collected our post on Monday we had a call from the Post Master asking us to collect our post - now that’s a first!
Mondays post…does anyone recognize their parcel?
Themba just back from the PO.
There were no distributions today so we all concentrated on opening all that lovely post. Toys, blankets, baby jumpers and naturally squares arrived, it was as if everything was back to normal.
There were two parcels from Sue Patterson containing these adorable soft toys.
A stunning blanket from Patricia Underwood.
Sheldon loved your blanket Chris Chiplen. You’ll be pleased to hear that your parcel wishing us a Happy New Year arrived as well.
Lovely knitted squares and blanket from Diane Burns.
The cutest little cardigans from Sandra Topping from Northern Island. Just look at the bunnies, puppies and Ellie’s.
Love those blues and mauve shades Viv.
Almost there Ronda…2 more and you’ve got 35.
Wow Audrey what a fabulous colourful table.
Sheldon is a fast learner….he is aware that another parcel from Judith Bush should arrive soon to make a complete blanket, he has placed
a toy on top of the first lot of squares which means Don’t Touch.
Lovely colourful blanket Lindi.
Estelle is delighted to be surrounded by squares once again.
Everyone flat out today.
Sheldon’s table when he left…ever so tidy different sizes of squares all waiting for their mates.
Someone had a wet parcel from the PO today.
Great colourful photo thank you Ronda…we’re back in business.
Thanks for the extra photographs Ronda and thanks to all our volunteers and contributors who make this possible.

Oh what great news and super photograph coverage.   It's fab to see the tables buzzing with chatter, concentration and oh so much colour.   What a lot of love ♥️

Lovely to see the shelves filled with blankets ready to distribute! So many lovely squares and blankets. What beautiful baby cardigans and so many toys. Great to see parcels flowing through again.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2021

SQUARES LIST

The MARCH 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

May

Color Of The Month YELLOW

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service