Knit a Square moved into what we loving call The Barn in 2015.  It is located in Randburg, not far from our post office.  This is a very large space that allows us to sort all the post, make blanket packs, stack blankets, and most important create our wonderful KAS cakes.  Our volunteers show up on Tuesday morning around 9:00am and work their magic until about 3:00pm.  Themba has already collected the post, and often times will make a distribution on Tuesdays.  

Please know that the Barn is a success due to all our contributors, financial donors and volunteers.  Without your ongoing support we would find it difficult to carry on.

Thank you all for everything.

Check in to this discussion frequently to see the latest news and photos from The Barn.  Many thanks to our marvelous reporter, Estelle for bringing the fun of The Barn to us.

Views: 4564

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How lovely to see the shelves full and know that 30 parcels came through!

Thank you for the beautiful photos. Thank God my parcel from June 2022 has found its target /KAS barn /. But still two parcels from July 2021 are on the way....

I'm finding my more recently posted parcels are arriving in the Barn before older ones, Karla. Hopefully they'll get there in the end.

I hope so, Patricia!

Did you see your blanket on the cake Patricia? About 4th from the top.

Yes I did, thank you Estelle. This was one of the most recent parcels I've sent.

Hi Karla, I sent 2 parcels in May and August last year and I noticed they had both arrived (saw photos of the contents) about 2 weeks ago, so hopefully yours will arrive soon.

I have noticed that Sea mail from Australia has been getting slower and slower! A parcel I sent on the 1st August this year (by standard mail which is quicker) was trackable. I noticed it had arrived in Johannesburg on the 18th August, so it will arrive at KAS soon I think. It will be there before others I sent late last year!

Here is Estelle's report from Tuesday, August 23... I am a little late in posting.

Opening Day at the KASbarn August 23 2021.
It was an unusual morning at the barn, besides no new post the fumigators sprayed to keep us bug free.
We declared it mask day and all left early as the fumes were stronger than we were lead to believe.
Wandi, Lindi, Ronda, Audry and Vivienne
It was great to see Molly with the 11 lovey blankets she brought.
Measure, measure, measure
So many shapes and sizes of 20x20 cm or 8x8 inch squares.
All these pack will be opened and added to the Cake next week as the fumes were too much for us.  They are donated from Outreach Programs.

Post was received today from all over the world.  Check out Estelle's report...

Opening Day at the KASbarn August 30 2022.
We had a fair amount of new post mainly from the USA this morning.
Red Parcels from Canada while large white one with all the stamps is from Australia.
Big smile from Wandi opening another big parcel from Susanne Leverton.
It was a relatively quiet day opening post and combining all the squares from the previous few weeks to make blanket packs.
Ronda packed a large bag of baby and toddler goodies for Hotel Hope Miniseries.
Fabulous picture squares from the US.
Thank you for including Christmas squares- we’ll start all over again!
That’s an interesting lot to sort Lindi. I spy some greens and reds from Pam Zimmerman. 🎄
Where are you hiding Audrey?
Our only visitor was Leigh-Ann Tonkin who brought beautiful blankets from resized squares.
Vivienne Molefe and Themba Jobe went off to the Rhandzanani Day Care Centre for their distribution. Rhandzanani means Love Each Other…just love that!
This little one will find more photos from this distribution in the 3rd Quarter Distribution Discussion.

You're too modest, Amy. I believe those fabulous picture squares come from you.

They do Patricia and there are many more of them- can’t wait to post the finished blankets. 

Wehey, a festival of colour thanks to such generous makes + volunteering.    I spy your terrific tabletop-full of large picture squares too Amy.  Glory glory all around ❤️

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service