Hi

I am a new member who has been looking for a charity project to join.  This is nice and simple because, even though I can readily knit garments, I find the prospect of freestyle square making to be interesting and enjoyable and I have friends who knit who I can get to join in with this type of project.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  Hi Sarah,

Welcome and its a brill charity to knit for! Just had my 2 grand children and they really don't know how lucky they are with all their treats! hope as they get older they will realise. We are coming to cheshire tomorrow to stay at our sons...he lives near Crewe. Sandrax

• Sandra

I live about 15 miles up the road and used to work in Crewe so I know its a nice neck of the woods.  Hope you enjoy your visit to your family. 

Sarah

• Fabulous! Wonderful to have you Sarah. Good luck !
  • hello Sarah, and welcome.

xxxx

• Hello Enid. Thankyou for your welcome.  Hope I can get alot out of joining this group.

Sarah.

• Hi Sarah, we're really glad to have you with us!  Every square we make goes into a blanket that warms and encourages a child who has nothing.  You'll discover we also have "accidental" slip-ins of soft toys and other supplies into our parcels as they have nothing over there and every bit helps give hope and a way up and out of the poverty they're held in.  I find this charity so positive, no waiting for governments to do something, we're making a concrete difference on our own, from our hands right to them.  I love it....it also spares my family untold amounts of hand-made items they really don't need, we're so blessed over here with material goods anyways. :) Mind you, there was the time my daughter specifically asked for a brightly colored pair of slippers while she was in University.  She ought to have known better than to say that.  Oh they fit her, but wowsers were they ever bright!  I specifically hunted for and bought the brightest yarn I could find. :D  Now the kids in South Africa love bright colors, it visually stimulates them, gives cheer and hope, but I think my daughter will never ask me to do THAT again.  Heh heh heh...  ;)
    • Sounds like loads of fun.  I will remember what you said about slipping in gifts, I know someone who knits outfits for teddies and dolls and she's always looking to give them away.  Thanks for the great welcome and you're right, it does sound like you make a concrete difference.

All the best  Sarah. :)

• Welcome, Sarah!  This is a wonderful place to be;  we all enjoy it here =)!!  And it is really nice to be able to make a variety of squares using different patterns;  keeps one from getting bored!
    • I can see that from your profile photo.  I have a friend Linda who has also joined.  Sarah
      • Hello and welcome to you both. I am sure you will enjoy knitting for KAS and it is so rewarding to hear the latest news and see the pics of our blankets making the children feel loved!

There are lots of lovely photos of peoples work so please have a browse and I'm sure we all look forward to seeing yours also.

Enjoy

Carol

This reply was deleted.