MORE THAN 200 BLANKETS

On August 7 KAS collected more that 7000 squares from St Stithians Girls' Preparatory School.  Here is Estelle's account:

This morning Ronda, Liz and I collected over 7000 squares from St Stithians Girls’ Preparatory School. The knitting and crocheting of the squares is organized by Lisa Grainger a teacher at the Prep, and she contacts Ronda every year to collect squares. Next year she would like us to collect on Mandela Day when they have a special celebration at the school. The delightful pupils helped load the KAS van and Liz and I filled our boots with bags of squares. Thank you Lisa, pupils, parents and grannies who knitted these squares.

Thanks you young ladies for all you are doing to make a huge difference in the lives of other children in South Africa.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• One blanket made from all these wonderful squares.

3673133062?profile=RESIZE_710x

From Estelle:

Super squares from St Stithians Girls' Prep school sewn together by Rae Logie for KNIT A SQUARE. Thanks Saints and Rae for another warm blanket for our precious children

• BEAUTIFUL blankets!!

• Here is one of the blankets made from this donation.

3546507950?profile=RESIZE_710x

• oh my goodness thats a lovely lovely blanket

• Oh WOW. How fantastic!  This is tremendous. Immediately makes me think I must go to the KAS shop to support the Gogo's in putting these squares into blankets.  Well done everyone and God bless Lisa Grainger and all the children who worked so lovingly and so hard on these!

• Two more pictures from Ronda.

3431655486?profile=RESIZE_710x3431655735?profile=RESIZE_710x

• This is absolutely awesome!!!  Well done girls!   You are making an incredible difference in the lives of so many children.  Beautiful!

• It is so lovely to see the girls thinking about others - and what a huge number of squares!

• Wonderful! I second Bev and Karen!

• A heart-warming read.   It is fabulous to see that those of us who have something to give, will give it whole-heartedly.    Thank you. X

This reply was deleted.