A Memory Blanket is a wonderful way to celebrate the life of a loved one who has passed on.

Knitting or crocheting squares gives us an opportunity to reminisce

as we stitch loving memories into a blanket for

a vulnerable and orphaned child.

We would appreciate seeing and reading about your special

Memory Blanket.

Views: 2794

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Susanne, you have chosen very nice colours and a motif. On my opinion hot weather country= India , elephants and bright colours go together very well.And I can feel  you transformed your love to your late husband to the stitches.

Christine Chiplen paid tribute to her grandparents with this bright, beautiful blanket.

I have made this blanket in memory of my late grandparents, Tom and Ivy Griffiths. My grandmother taught me how to crochet and was always young at heart and loved wearing bright colours. My grandfather, a coal miner, appreciated bright colours, as so much of his life was spent in the darkness of the mine. They were both loving, kind people who would have been very happy that I had made a memorial blanket in their name to keep a child warm.

March Rainbows

Absolutely glorious, Christine....and a wonderful tribute....your grandfather would have loved the colours/design for certain.

Truly vibrant tribute Christine!

What a gorgeous tribute to your grandparents Christine!  Well done!  And such a wonderful blanket for a child as well, with all those bright colors!   XOXO

I have made this Memory Blanket in honour of my husband, Slavko, who lost his battle with lung cancer last July.  He was a man of the sea and the sun and Dalmatia.  The blues represent the colours of the Adriatic Sea up and down its coast where he lived and fished, the reds represent the red wine which he produced, and the irregular arrangement of colours in this crocheted blanket represent his inviduality.  A big 'thank you' to Molly Orr in SA who pieced the blanket together and added the heart and two fishes.   

Wow Mili what a fantastic blanket, you can certainly feel the waves of seas,brilliant work and such a great tribute to your husband x

I agree, what a beautiful blanket!  Thank you for explaining what all the colors mean.  I get a feel for Slavko's personality and who he was just by looking at it.  It's wonderful!

Mili, thank you for sharing this beautiful blanket with us.  It is a lovely tribute to your husband.  The child who receives this blanket will not only be warmed by the physical squares but by the love you crocheted into each square.

Another Memory Blanket designed to reflect the value and personality - well done Mili. Several of us are aware of your losing so many loved ones in such a short time span last year. It will be lovely for you know that a child will soon be wearing this beautiful tribute blanket.

A beautiful memory blanket that will be treasured by one lucky child.  Big ((hugs)), Mili. xo

A beautiful blanket Mili and a wonderful tribute to your husband. A child will be wrapped in love and warmth.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

NEW!
KAS Colouring Book

Featuring 3 original illustrations by South African artists

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

Due to Covid-19 the Squares lists are delayed.

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

COLOUR OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service