A Memory Blanket is a wonderful way to celebrate the life of a loved one who has passed on.

Knitting or crocheting squares gives us an opportunity to reminisce

as we stitch loving memories into a blanket for

a vulnerable and orphaned child.

We would appreciate seeing and reading about your special

Memory Blanket.

Views: 3050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From Estelle:

I was asked by Anne Powell’s friends and colleagues at KNIT A SQUARE to make a Memory Blanket for her. Her friends from many countries sent us a square or two for her blanket.
Anne from Canada joined KAS in the early days of 2009, she was an active member and a Moderator of The Forum and was instrumental in coming up with fundraising activities. Anne created Aunt Nellie - the KAS shop which has raised funds for our fuel, postage handling, rent and many other expenses we incur. Her favourite Theme/ Challenge to host was the educational squares for the children. She worked on gathering the first information on postal requirements for different countries so people would know how to get their items safely to South Africa. I love the poems that Anne composed especially her Christmas one which brings a lump to my throat every time I read it.
There will be a second blanket coming soon.

Thank you, dear Estelle, and all those who contibuted to this beautiful blanket.  I know Anne would be absolutely thrilled to know that so many of our forum members remember her with love.  I know, too, that she would be extremely pleased to know that so many came together to honor her in creating beauty and warmth for a child.  I believe the little one who receives this gift will feel the love in each stitch of every square and know there is someone, somewhere who cares ... xo

A beautiful memory blanket.

Anne was a caring 'powerhouse'. Always coming up with  ways to fundraise, creating fun games for members to participate at Christmas, her amazing poetry, the KAS Shop....she was so full of creative energy....and always with  the children at heart.

A really beautiful blanket in memory of a very special lady.

Anne had a big, caring heart and cared deeply for the children. I too think she would have been very moved that KAS members, who she appreciated, valued and respected, chose to honour her in this way.

A beautiful blanket to remember a wonderful, caring KAS sister.

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service