Hello dearest KAS members

We have a new challenge for you for May and June. There is an opportunity in South Africa for a truck to be driven up to Zimbabwe filled with squares. Now we just need the squares to fill it. Mother of Peace in Zimbabwe will sew the squares into blankets and give them to children who are in such desperate need.

An exciting prospect and we need MASSES of squares to make it happen. So here's what you do: knit squares, lots of them! Address them to the same address:

Knit-a-square

Private Bag X900

Bryanston 2021

South Africa

Please mark them clearly as "SQUARES FOR ZIMBABWE" and there you have it. Children in Zimbabwe will be warmed and feel your love. Please keep a tally as we did for the bus challenge. Thanks everyone, and good luck!

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Mailing 50 squares.

Squares : 2721

Hats: 254

• 32 more squares to add! Wish it could be more...

New totals

Squares     2608
    Hats            241

• Sorry I think, I responded to the wrong email (feel free to correct)

I believe the totals are now

Squares : 2664

Hats: 251

• You guys are awesome!  Look at these wonderful totals! :D
  • Hello. I have posted a parcel today from myself and my Mum containing 42 squares and 3 beanies. Will make bigger beanies from now on. Cheers all.

New totals

Squares     2576

Hats            241
  • Thank you so much everyone for your great contribution. Keep an eye out for our next challenge, should be a fun one!

http://square-circle-forum.ning.com/forum/topics/working-on-the-nex...

• P.S. Still a few days left in this challenge, let's see how many squares we can knit x x x
      • Sending off 10 hats, 8 squares and 6 scarves ( could be sewn into blankets as strips = 8 squares each)

totals:

Squares: 2590

Hats: 248

• Mailing 35 squares for Zim this week:  Thanks, Laurie

Squares  2443

Hats  230

• Mailing another donation of 77 squares plus 2 beanies and 2 slipovers today:

Squares 2520

Hats        232

This reply was deleted.