After our very successful flag-waving in April, we now invite you to the peace of your garden and whole different colour pallette.

Our theme "Pick It From the Garden in May" is a chance for us to let our imaginations run wild.

For those of us in the northern hemisphere, it is spring... flowers are beginning to appear at last. For those of you in the southern hemisphere it is fall and harvest time... so for all of us wherever we live, the garden offers unlimited inspiration for squares.

Do you love doing flowers??? Are you more inspired by fruits and veggies?? Do you like the ‘critters’ in your garden (caterpillars, butterflies, bugs)?.Does May make you think of dancing around a May-pole?? Are you a ‘Plain Jane’ square-maker??

Whatever you are... let the colours of your garden be your inspiration... lavenders, purples, yellows, oranges, reds, pinks... there’s no end to what we can do.

Once again, we are asking that you post photos of your squares, both in the Photo section and here in this discussion, to inspire us all

Mary Lokken has volunteered to set up a Flickr page for us where all the photos can be assembled. The address is  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58924216@N00/sets/72157629542448376/with/6970540294/

Let’s make May a "blooming good" month... I can’t wait to see what you creative souls come up with.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2930153001?profile=originalI started by making a flower and then morphed it into a chain stitch square.  It was fun seeing the different patterns formed by changing colours in different rhythms.

• I am so proud to be a part of this group, but so "old school" I'm not sure about uploading a photo...if I do it incorrectly and someone can get it straight for me, I appreciate your help in advance!  :)2965004664?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Here are my last entries for the May challenge. I had already posted the square on the right, but there is a wonderful story behind this yarn that I wanted to share with you.

On my fledgling little yarn site, I donate the profit of the sales of three types of yarn to KAS. Almost the same day I mentioned this, the wonderful Kaser, Sue Gillman, ordered a skein of  yarn from me. I was thrilled! But, since Sue lives in New Zealand, she asked me to donate the yarn to KAS rather than have me send it to her. So, it was with great pleasure that I used Sue's skein of yarn to knit these two squares and a hat for the May challenge!

Thank you so much for your generosity, Sue!

2965005220?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Since May is coming to an end I thought I should check to see if I put a photo in here as well as my page. I had to scroll through to check. what an eyeful of utter delight I found. I think I will have to take a coffee break tomorrow and just go through them slowly and take them all in. Outstanding effort by everyone. Maudie xx :)2930146968?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• 4 more squares for this challenge, all made as a part of the KAS CAL I'm running on Ravelry. :D

Pretty Petals:

2886695045?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Squaring the Big Circle:

2886694641?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Here are my last three squares.... and now I am going to rest my hook and pay some attention to my poor, weedy, real garden for a few days

2930154059?profile=original2930154046?profile=original2930153999?profile=original

• I haven't had so much time to make squares recently:(  but this one was inspired by some gorgeous peonies I saw in a nearby garden

2930154266?profile=original

• The Woolweaving KAS bird -- the rascal stole some of my special Nova Scotian hand-dyed wool to weave in her nest.

2886693032?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Pastel Garden Squares

2930154162?profile=original

• A big "Hairy Blue Something-or-Other" with thanks to my friend Muriel for the plain jane it's resting on

2930153930?profile=original

This reply was deleted.