After our very successful flag-waving in April, we now invite you to the peace of your garden and whole different colour pallette.

Our theme "Pick It From the Garden in May" is a chance for us to let our imaginations run wild.

For those of us in the northern hemisphere, it is spring... flowers are beginning to appear at last. For those of you in the southern hemisphere it is fall and harvest time... so for all of us wherever we live, the garden offers unlimited inspiration for squares.

Do you love doing flowers??? Are you more inspired by fruits and veggies?? Do you like the ‘critters’ in your garden (caterpillars, butterflies, bugs)?.Does May make you think of dancing around a May-pole?? Are you a ‘Plain Jane’ square-maker??

Whatever you are... let the colours of your garden be your inspiration... lavenders, purples, yellows, oranges, reds, pinks... there’s no end to what we can do.

Once again, we are asking that you post photos of your squares, both in the Photo section and here in this discussion, to inspire us all

Mary Lokken has volunteered to set up a Flickr page for us where all the photos can be assembled. The address is  

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58924216@N00/sets/72157629542448376/wi...

Let’s make May a "blooming good" month... I can’t wait to see what you creative souls come up with.

Views: 7028

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well here we go KASfolk - the May Challenge has begun.

Many of you have posted wonderful squares with a garden or spring theme in the last week or so..  I would love it it you would add them to this discussion and make them part of the May Challenge.

This will be an "anything goes" challenge - squares don't have to be garden specific, just garden 'inspired'. If you love plain janes more than anything, jump in here with your garden-coloured squares.  If you love bugs... they are welcome too... as long as they are knitted or crocheted and not real!!

I'll start it all off with some strawberries

This will be lots of fun, Anne! Your strawberries square is wonderful, as are the Plain Janes! What a beautiful color palette!

I have set up a flickr page for our squares here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58924216@N00/sets/72157629542448376/wi...

And here's a square dedicated to my resident gecko, Clint!

Here's a sunflower and a bumble bee!

Maybe you have ESP Sue.... or spring fever.... in any case the sunflower is wonderful.  You must get Ellie to design some more squares... I love her garden

It's amazing what story a little square can tell :)

I've noticed your flower squares befoe Maggie... so we're looking forward to what 'blooms' in this discussion.  Have fun.

Here's a Trillium - provincial flower of Ontario.  They bloom in May and the woods are carpeted with thousands of these.  We can't pick these though.. if any of the leaves are picked, the plant dies

..... and just to keep us healthy, here's some peas in a pod they don't show up too well in the photo, but they are there!

Little kid - picking it from the garden in May

Wow!!!

Wow....very cool Sue!!

Lovely Sue!  The bright red of the poppy really stands out well against the green of the square too, very 'gardeny'!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

HERE'S A SUPER IDEA

FOR A DONATION TO

KNIT-A-SQUARE

VISIT THE KAS SHOP HERE

SQUARES LIST

Due to Covid-19 the Squares lists are delayed.

The OCTOBER 2020 Squares List is available.

Visit the

2020 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

COLOUR OF THE MONTH

Free Pattern for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns from

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service