MARCH IS ALL ABOUT

HEARTS

Hello and welcome to all you wonderfully talented crafters out there in KASville.  It's March, and we have just come through the Valentine's Day month, so I'm sure we all know what a heart looks like  :)

A  PATTERN  FOR YOU

Heart appliqués can be securely stitched to squares, toys, hats, and handwarmers.  Appliqués can be knit, crochet, loom knit, or cut from felt or fabric.  You can knit or crochet a heart into a square as you work.  A heart can be duplicate stitched, embroidered, or cross-stitched onto a completed square.  Just look at these beautiful examples I found in our photo section!

This month we are going to concentrate on hearts ... hearts of any color, any size, and any style.  Use any of the patterns here, pick a pattern from your to-do list, or be expressive and make up your own pattern.  Take inspiration from what you see here, and what you will see as these pages begin to fill up.

When a child receives a heart in his or her blanket, I'm sure that child will feel loved.  So let's send the children a

little heart with a BIG message...

WE CARE!

Here is a little poem I have written for you (with my sincerest apologies to Dr. Seuss).  It is interspersed with links (in red) to various patterns, along with some photos of previous work.  

One Heart

Two Hearts

Pink Hearts

Blue Hearts

Red Hearts

Green Hearts

King Hearts, Queen Hearts

Hearts for Girls and Hearts for Boys

Hearts with Smiles and

Hearts like Toys

Hearts from needleshooks, or looms 

Hearts like flowers filled with blooms 

Hearts with Trunks, Hearts with wheels

Some like Fish, like Birds, like Seals

Many hearts will make a Bug

Special Hearts to hold and hug

Some are Big and Some are Small

Some are hardly there at all!

Hearts alone or in a pair

You can find hearts everywhere!

I’d like to say I’ve made them all.

But no, that tale would be too tall.

Watch this theme and you will see

Which of these were made by me!

And while we're at it, please let's not forget our fabulous PJs.  

They are, after all, the

HEART of every KASblanket!

A T.R.U.E.  PJ is an 8" (20 cm) square worked in one color only.  It can be knit (garter stitch) or crochet (single crochet).  

A P.E.R.T. PJ is also an  8" (20 cm) square worked in one color only.  However, unlike the T.R.U.E. PJ, it can be made using a pattern for texture and design.  It can be knit, crochet, loom knit, or Tunisian crochet.

All PJs provide a beautiful background in a blanket, helping the fancier squares to stand out.  Just look at the beautiful blanket above and you will see just how valuable our humble PJs are :)

Just a reminder that our overall theme for 2017 is

THINK LIKE A CHILD

Now ... if you're thinking like a child, you've got to be thinking

RIGHT?

Amy's Toy Story is running through to the end of April, so there is still plenty of time to participate.

Not a toymaker?  No problem!

Soft, clean, and gently loved items are also welcome.

Somewhere in South Africa, a child is waiting for a toy to cuddle and call

"my very own"

I'll stop now so you can grab your yarn, needles, hooks, or looms

and create some color, warmth, and fun.

Let's send a message to the children

... from our hearts ...

to let them know

they are special!

If you would like to see your photos in our March photo album, please add them to our photo section.  I can then pick them up and place them in our

MARCH THEME ALBUM 

We've filled our first album so I've started a new one.  Check our

MARCH THEME ALBUM #2

Views: 96

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 2930354011?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024I'm sorry that this is rather late, but here is my March blanket. All of the squares are crocheted in the same pattern and I have used yarn from every donation I have received in this one, filling it with some extra love! It's my first complete crochet blanket. I'm hoping that Gloria won't mind the lateness of this post if I share this close-up of one particular square... 2930354304?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Thank you all for your lovely comments. I'm glad you liked the close up, Gloria!

Thanks, Chris. Yes, exams are very close now which is why production of slowing but I do try to keep making at every available opportunity!

• Truly a work of love.   All those donations have found their place in a wonderful blanket.

• So pretty, Helen....you are certainly a fast learner. LOVE your hearts.......and the fact that some are in pink and some variegated is just the icing on the cake.  :))

• Helen, this is a wonderful blanket and how lovely that you have been able to use yarn from all your donations! So many beautifully crafted 'heart squares', it is hard to believe that you are new to crocheting :)) All this while studying for your A levels! I hope your studies and exams go well.

• So very pretty. Those shadow hearts are beautiful.

• Helen, your blanket is amazing!  It's never too late to add to a theme ... and this is a perfect addition!  Such a pretty pattern and so many lovely hearts.  How special turn donated yarn into such beautiful hearts to keep a child warm and make him or her feel loved.  Well done!

And your closeup square ... what can I say?  It's the pièce de résistance!!  Thank you :))) xo

• 2886802696?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024At last! Finally finished my heart blanket! 

So sorry for my ongoing lack of forum contributions but looking forward to a couple of weeks off work now, so maybe I'll be able to pop in a bit more. Tonight I'm starting my "eat a rainbow" blanket. 

Have a lovely Easter break, everyone! Xxxxxx

• Beautiful, Heather.   No way to choose a favorite, but think of the fun the children will have making that choice.

• Heather, another of your gorgeous creations, so many beautiful squares!

This reply was deleted.