DIFFERENT KNITTING STYLES

COLOUR COMBINATION IDEAS

Find these in the

KAS PATTERN BOOK

Find this on page 1 in

MEMBERS' PATTERNS

KNIT A HAT  or a pair of HANDWARMERS

CROCHET A HAT or a pair of HANDWARMERS

Please don't forget to add your photos to our 'photo' section - tab at the top.  From there, I will be able to add it to our MARCH 2021 PHOTO ALBUM.  Thanks :)

Views: 7198

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brilliant intro, Glo!! Great ideas!!!

I already have 'plans'....hahaha.

Now if only I could remember what was on my mental 'to do' list.    xo

Thanks, Bev.  If you have trouble remembering your mental to-do lists, perhaps you could do what I do.  Write things down on paper.  Then, like me, you only need to remember where you put that darn paper ... hahaha ... xo

LOL I do this ......and I'm a bit younger than most of you lot....... Does it only get worse the older you get........If so there's not much hope for me......LOL

Wow, what an intro, it’s jam packed full of ideas and inspiration, thank you Glo!

Here is my first contribution, a quintet of pink squares....

Chris, these are lovely ... perfectly stitched and a fabulous start for our March theme.  Thank you for starting us off with our CoM ... xo

WOAW these are scrummy - they make me think of crushed raspberries.   Very neat Chris X

These are a gorgeous colour, Chris. Perfect.

YUMMY squares, Chris....and sooooo neat!! LOVE that colour......I did notice your little nod to Glo with the blue butterflied yarn....hahaha.....at least, I hope it's a turquoise blue.  :))

Lovely pink squares, Chris.   They really do look "fresh and fruity", good enough to eat.

What an inspiring intro.  I have to give your heart a go, and soon.

Looking forward to this springy month!

Great idea, Amy!  I'm looking forward to seeing it ... xo

There was quite a lot of interest in the mosaic crochet squares that appeared in The Blanket Room last month.  I had never seen that technique before, and it seems several others hadn't either.  That's why I was surprised to find Julie Kempton's photo from 2010 that I've added in my intro!  Perhaps its time has just come around to us :))

Here are a couple of TC mosaic squares.  This technique is very New To Me!  One of my very good KASfriend (thanks, Sharon B :) sent me the pattern for this particular square.  We had discussion about whether we need the y/o throughout.  So I decided to find out :)

In one of these squares I used the y/o suggested in the pattern.  In the other one I did not.  So ... is there a difference?  If so, it's very subtle :) ... xo

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

WRAP 4 CHILDREN IN BLANKETS

This item will allow Knit-a-Square to pay our wonderful co-team workers – the Gogos (grandmothers) – to sew the squares received from across the globe into blankets for the children. $5 US will pay for 4 blankets to be stitched together.

THE KAS SHOP

SQUARES LIST

The March 2021 Squares List will be delayed. Our sincere apologies. Please visit the

2021 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

APRIL

Colour Of

the Month

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service