THE KAS TEAM DISTRIBUTED MANY BLANKETS AND OTHER GOODIES ON MANDELA DAY 2018

WE WILL BE POSTING MORE REPORTS AND PHOTOGRAPHS OVER THE COMING WEEKS.

MABEL ACCOMPLISHED SEVERAL DISTRIBUTIONS IN ONE DAY! MOST OF THE PHOTOGRAPHS BELOW ARE FROM THE

ZANELE MTSHALI DISABILITY HOME IN

CARLTONVILLE

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It's wonderful to see that so many children with special needs are getting our expressions of love. 

• oh no toys?? oh dear have the supplies run out? 

• I wondered about toys too Mary. It is a shame if they missed out because of shortage while the Postal strike was on.

• Hi Mary and Sue,

Ronda has mentioned in her reply that they are rather low on medium size cuddly toys, and that because of the low levels of supervision available, the disability children cannot be given teeny toys or finger puppets as they are a potential choke risk.

Knitted teddies would be lovely Mary.

• Medium sized toys will be gathered from now on ! Thanks for the update.

• I'll check with Ronda Mary, but it might have to do with disability - toys perhaps need to be given in a controlled situation.

• do let us know! anyway it prompts me to go to a charity in Edinburgh which has lovely knitted teddies to buy  them up and improve the stocks!

• So many pictures of beautiful spirits housed in imperfect bodies, some very delighted to have a blanket and new shirt.  Wonderful to see them all and know our knitted and crocheted love is being wrapped around them to keep them warm. Thank you so much to everybody who assembles the bags of blankets and hats and hand-warmers, also everyone who works so hard to distribute to so many needy children. Thank you!!!

• Beautiful pictures!  So touching to see those who are being helped as well as the helpers.

• Thank you Mabel  for the distribution to these very precious children.. They looked very happy to be getting these gifts. 

This reply was deleted.