LET'S TALK SHOP 2021

The KAS Shop is an integral part of keeping KAS alive to provide help for the children in South Africa.    The funds raised through purchases from the KAS Shop are greatly needed to help cover expenses such as The Barn rent, the postal collection charges, fuel for the KAS van and the stipend for the Gogo's for each blanket sewn up.

A massive outgoing from the KAS funds is the mandatory customs and handling fee of $3.75US per parcel.    This is a charge the South African Customs and Excise enforce no matter what size of parcel is collected.   Therefore it is an ongoing regular outlay, and it is vital this proportion of expense is supported to keep our crafting flowing to where it is needed most.

Donations are most welcome whether they are as you can afford them, or by setting up a monthly donation.    Both are easily arranged by pressing the Donate button to the right of the Main Page in the Forum, or by making a purchase from our well stocked KAS Shop full of fundraising departments.  

Remember 100% of every KAS Shop purchase goes directly to KAS......and every penny counts!!    Thank you X

Views: 590

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Karen, what an extremely thoughtful way to say thank you!!  I imagine your donor is smiling ... xo

Karen, Anne would be so pleased that you have become our new Shop Keeper, the shop was close to her heart, as a practical way of raising the much needed funds to get our blankets etc to the children. I think you and Aunt Nellie will make a good team. Thank you.

I will pop into the shop and donate to support the Gogo’s....... no mask needed :))

That is so sweet of you to say, thank you.   I will try very hard to make her proud and help keep the much needed pennies rolling in.     Kx

Here is the KasShop report for March.

What a phenomenal month! March numbers more than made up for February's shortfall. We raised a total of $1,346.25! A deeply heartfelt THANK YOU to everyone who donated by purchasing items in the KasShop.

A new item is still in the works and will be in the shop soon! Hint: How many squares does it take to make a blanket?

This is a great chart and I'm so glad we're able to help with the customs fees!  Can't wait to see what new item is going to be in the shop.  I was sad I had to stop my monthly donations when hubby retired, roughly 2 years ago but I've been able to come back since to monthly donations at about half that prior amount, and I think, plus the "spare change" donations I can make here and there, I'm still supporting pretty consistently. It's a relief to be able to do that, to realize we can handle even a smaller amount per month. 

You gals are doing an awesome job here, there's so much to see and do!  Your enthusiasm is infectious and seeing the precious children getting blankets and toys and a warm hat...this never ever gets old.  Children are a precious treasure and the future of the world.  Thank you girls so much for all you're doing here on this site, on FaceBook and in South Africa particularly, to help us to help you and the children.  What a marvelous flowering tree has resulted from the tiny seedling of hope Ronda planted so long ago!  You kids are like the blooms on that tree.  Keep shining on!

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2020

SHOP

WRAP 4 CHILDREN IN BLANKETS

This item will allow Knit-a-Square to pay our wonderful co-team workers – the Gogos (grandmothers) – to sew the squares received from across the globe into blankets for the children. $5 US will pay for 4 blankets to be stitched together.

THE KAS SHOP

SQUARES LIST

The March 2021 Squares List will be delayed. Our sincere apologies. Please visit the

2021 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2021 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2021

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

APRIL

Colour Of

the Month

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2021   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service