Replies

• hello Grace i have read your pattern and can you tell me

what KB1 is I cant think what it is unless it is knit through back of stitch

will you let me know

all my love LIZ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi Liz... yesKB1 is to knit in the backof the stitch... its a very easy rib pattern so hope you will like it too!xx

• Hi Liz,

KB1 is definitely Knit into the back of the stitch (I have made Grace's vest pattern before).  If you take a look at the notes at the end of the pattern Grace has also noted it there.

Have fun with the pattern, it is a lovely one to make.

• I assume this is made in double knitting weight yarn.  If not, please let me know

Judith jones

• Hi Judith... yes I usually make this in double knitting weight or you could use two strands of 4 ply knitted together which will give the same thickness...Hope this helps.

• Hi Grace,

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed that 2 of your vests are pictured in the recent Amahle and Cloverdene distribution photo's on the KAS Facebook page?  They look good!

• In case any of you have trouble accessing that document, here is the translation of it:  Thank you Grace!!! xoxoxoxo

Pattern for Ribbed slip-over  by Grace Weir

BACK

Using size 5 ½ mm needles cast on 53 sts.

Work two rows in Knit stitch.

Commence ribbed pattern as follows:

Row 1    Knit

Row 2    Purl 2, Kb1, Purl 2  (continue to end of the row)

Continue with these 2 rows for 15 inches.

Knit 15, turn, and knit for 3  inches in garter stitch

Cast off these 15 sts.

Join the wool to remaining stitches on the needle and cast off 23 sts (for neck opening)

Continue to knit across remaining 15  sts in garter stitch  on the other shoulder.

Work the front to match.

Join garment at the shoulder seams.

Join side seams for 10 inches leaving 5 inches at the top for the armhole.

Abbreviation:  KB1  = knit into the back of the next stitch

Garter stitch = knit every stitch

NOTE

You can make this garment in other sizes.

The rib pattern can be worked with any multiples of 3 stitches PLUS 2 extra

This reply was deleted.