After a long, and very successful, trek to the top of Table Mountain

we can now relax and take a leisurely ride with the KASvan.

We’ll travel from the Bryanston Post Office to the Knit-a-Square Office. 

~~~~

The distance is 5.3 km/3.29 miles

or

26,500 squares

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

David has the KASvan washed and ready to go.

~~~~~~~~~~

The KASvan is loading and Ronda is all set to drive to the Knit-a-Square Office.

WE HAVE ARRIVED AT THE OFFICE !

THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING...THE CHILDREN APPRECIATE THE WARM BLANKETS MADE WITH LOVE AND CARING.

HERE IS THE VAN DROPPING OFF THE SQUARES.  WE HAVE ENOUGH SQUARES TO KEEP 769 MORE CHILDREN WARM THIS WINTER.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Linda, here is a message from Karla Bystrianska.  I´d like to inform that in the morning I sent a parcel with 2 soft toys, 1 blanket and 20 squares. xo

• Thanks Anneke and Karla.
      We reached our destination on March 28 (see my comment above). The Van 'collected' enough squares to make 769 blankets ! More warm children this winter.

This discussion is now closed....but keep on making squares, there are more children in need of a warm blanket.
  • Hi, I've just joined the group. What size squares would you like me to knit and/or crochet?

• Hi Sarah-Jane, lovely to have you with us. We welcome knit or crochet squares and aim to make them as close to 20cm (8") as possible. There's more information here under Frequently Asked Questions http://forum.knit-a-square.com/forum/topics/frequently-asked-questi.... As you're in the UK you'd be very welcome to join the UK Group (or any other that you fancy).

All colours, patterns etc are fine and there are some ideas both in the KAS Pattern Book and under Members' Patterns. We love to see photos of your work if you care to post them, and you will find the Photos section inspirational. Each month we have a theme just for variety but that's entirely optional.

Look forward to hearing from you again.

• Great news. All those lovely squares!!!

• WOW isn't that marvelous and I have just come here to add 210 squares knitted into 6 blankets for the children and singlets and stationery sent by the lovely ladies of the Scots Memorial Uniting Church Mission Club.

• Pam informs me she has 650 squares ready to mail next week.

New Total: 26,944.

We have reached our destination!

Thank you to everyone who has participated.  769 more children will be warm this winter.

• Wonderful! Well done to everyone who took part and thanks to Linda for keeping everything so well organised. All those children snuggled up and warm!

• Congratulations Knit-A-Square!   769  more blankets to warm the children.   Sorta warms me, too.

Dare I ask?    Where are we going next?   

• Adding 70 squares (2 completed blankets)

New Total: 26,259

This reply was deleted.