Ocean waves and pure white sand
animals grazing on the land
Feel the wind in your hair
smell the flowers, blooms everywhere
See the beauty, today is new
Enjoy nature-God's gift to you
Bonnie Harding - 2007

DISTRIBUTIONS

As we are winding down our third quarter of Distribution for 2022 we saw smiling eyes with bodies wrapped in warmth provided by our KAS Community.

BLANKET ROOM

Patricia has been posting such colorful pictures from The Blanket Room for the month of SeptemberCheck them all out in this discussion. 

With the limited post there have not been as many blankets coming into The Barn, but know that the Gogo Groups and others are working hard to put blankets together.

The AUGUST Squares List is available.

TOTALS:

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE WILL BE NO JULY SQUARES LIST.

THE LIST BELOW INCLUDES JULY AND AUGUST PARCELS.

During July and August we recorded 202 parcels containing 13.584 squares,

equal to 388 blankets.

Many other items were received, such as hats, hand-warmers, cuddly toys and other goodies.

~~~~~~~~~

~~A HEARTFELT THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS~~

Please find below the squares list as an attachment: 2022 AUGUST SQUARES LIST.pdf and click on it to open it:

2022 AUGUST SQUARES LIST.pdf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KAS SHOP

This item will allow Knit-a-Square to pay our wonderful co-team workers – the Gogos (grandmothers) – to sew the squares received from across the globe into blankets for the children. Donations can be $5, $10 or $20. All prices are in US Dollars.

These dedicated women are a vital part of the Knit-a-Square team and, with the huge volume of squares we are receiving, they are the people who make it possible for us to wrap ever more children in warm blankets.

Also, this is an opportunity for those kind people who do not knit/crochet or craft, but would love to support the work of ensuring that the blankets are sewn and distributed quickly.

At the moment we can only afford $1.50 per blanket, but even this small sum is appreciated by the Gogos. It does allow these busy ladies to purchase some personal necessities like soap, toothpaste, toilet paper or oatmeal, whilst at the same time giving them the dignity of helping the children in their own communities.

ARCHIVES and REMEMBRANCE OF JEANNE

Another precious KASvoice from our Square Circle Forum has gone quiet.

The voice of our KASsister Jeanne Haessler was, as many of us know, an uplifting, positive and immensely funny voice. The sound of her laughter will be missed - even though some of us can only imagine that sound.

When asked, Why do you want to contribute to KAS?
Jeanne answered with this:

"I want to make a difference in the world, to give people hope, to let them know we care, that they're important, and use my talents doing so."

Gloria has written a wonderful piece on Jeanne in this discussion. Our archives will share some of the discussion Jeanne hosted.

THE BARN

We always have such an amazing crew of volunteers and visitors that come through The Barn every Tuesday.  What they accomplish in five hours is shocking.

Visit this discussion to see what Ronda, Wandi, Liz, Estelle, Vivienne, Audrey, Lindi, and others do with their time on Tuesdays.

HAND-WARMER CHALLENGE

Our goal is to have posted 500 pairs of hand-warmer to help restock The Barn by the end of October.

To date our TOTAL is ...384.

Let's  keep on warming those tiny little hands.

To our newest members of the Forum

Kathryn Dagnia and Jacqui

Postal Update from the UK

Heather Mensah has brought this updated information about an increase in postal costs from the UK to our attention.

Thank you Heather.

Please check royalmail.com for further information.

OCTOBER THEME - UNDER THE SEA

COLOR OF THE MONTH

Blue

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks for a lovey catch up - it has been a frantic time round here and I have not kept up as much as I would have liked so this is very much appreciated in my house.  

I am sorry to read of the loss of JEeanne.  She was not a KAS knitter I knew well, however, 

Rest eternal grant unto her oh Lor, let light perpetual shine upon her, may her soul rest in peace,  Amen

• Amy, I haven't had a chance to completely digest all of this month's news, but from what I see here you've done another fabulous job of pulling it all together for us, and I thank you :) ... xo

• Thank you for another newsy edition, Amy.  :))

I am hoping to complete a dozen pair of handwarmers (currently in different stages of production...haha) before the tally is reached.

• I do hope that SA post is on an upswing am aware that you are in the winter season still. 

• It is reported that they have a very large post waiting for them in The Barn today.

• Dear Jeanne was so encouraging and positive for me the whole time I was knitting and making my Wool-Girl book.

I will miss her.

I still sell my Wool-Girl books and cards and send money to KAS

Vale Jeanne.

remembered always

Maudie 

• So good to hear that the Wool-Girl is still going strong.  I always loved when you posted those photos.

This reply was deleted.