Despite "higher stationery costs for banner and labels" and a "payment for annual audit to LDC Accountants," there is a profit of $825.31 US.

Yes, that blue line is higher than the red one!

I'm hoping this means that the increased PayPal fees either don't apply or are not having an effect. Keep up the good work, everyone!

Follow our Financial Discussion [here]

Click [here] to check out the recent opening day photos.

A Note From Estelle:

Amy Pettigrew your bunny is gorgeous. Thank you and Marioth Brown for turning it into such a fabulous blanket for our children. Marioth your Christmas blanket is stunning. I love the way you cut the stars out of felt and sewed sequins onto them. Talk about going the extra mile ... sewing the Christmas dolls onto felt.

All the contributors who knitted and crocheted the PJ’s for KNIT A SQUARE are STARS !

Thanks Liz Murphy for the pretty edge with the green sparkly yarn.

Thank you all so much.  

There are many, many more gorgeous photos of our contributors' work in 

The Blanket Room

More photographs [here]

Read Ronda's full report [here]

Our November Theme

hosted by Anneke

We'd love to have you join us [here]

You will find Mailing Instructions along with the Packing Slip and Mailing Label right [here]

The October 2018 Squares List is available.

Because of the heavy workload for the small KAS Team, hats, handwarmers and toys will not be recorded anymore, but please keep sending them because they are desperately needed. In the 2018 Squares List the names of the senders, number of parcels and number of squares will be recorded. Please fill in the Packing Slip completely.

Please note that the office is inundated with packages and items on a weekly basis. The volunteers do their best, but it's impossible for them to list every single item that is sent. All efforts are made to list every parcel received. We thank you for your understanding.

The focus for 2018 and for some time to come will stay as is:

Squares for blankets, hats, handwarmers and cuddly soft toys.

To see more details, please click [here]

In October we received  276 parcels, containing 16,041 squares, equal to 458 blankets.

Overall total 126,090 squares, equal to 3,602 blankets.

Many other items were received, such as hats, handwarmers, go-overs, cuddly toys and other goodies.

~~~~~WE THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS~~~~~

You can visit our discussion and offer a little

Peace of Mind for Ronda

and all of our volunteers [here]

You will find the full list [here]

Janis

Sandy Gray

Sue Holdaway

Karin

Natalia Naville de Farias   

Janet Page

Rachel Beaudry

Your purchases from THE KAS SHOP enable our team in

South Africa to keep wrapping cold children in our warm blankets.

Fully 100% of every dollar spent goes to this work.

THAT WARM FUZZY FEELING

by Leanne Hunt

My sister Keryn is staying with me for a week, having come to Johannesburg on business from KwaZulu-Natal. She was keen to come along to the barn and see the team at work, so I waited for her to be finished with her early morning meeting and then Bongi drove us in. It meant that I missed seeing Ronda before she dashed off to pack for her trip to the UK for a family wedding. Nevertheless, all was very much on track when we arrived and I did manage to connect briefly with Ronda by phone to wish her a happy holiday.

There was an almost full complement of volunteers there today and a huge mound of parcels to be sorted. Estelle very kindly showed keryn how to note down the particulars of the sender, including the number of squares and other items contained in the parcel, and how to make blanket packs out of their contents. I enjoyed seeing the whole process from Keryn's point of view. People never fail to be impressed by the stacks of finished blankets on the shelves, the bags filled to the brim with beanies, hand-warmers and toys, and the hum of activity as the volunteers turn the pile of mail into work for the gogo groups and stock for upcoming distributions ...

Continue reading

and find all of Leanne's wonderful reports from the KAS Barn [here]

click [here]

A wonderful way to help support KAS and keep some little heads

warm and cozy.

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Glo for a stellar edition of Snips.  So much interesting news, especially that KAS actually made a profit last month because of generous donors.  Hopefully we can keep our heads above water.

• Thank you Gloria ... for another lovely KASSnippets.  And also for all the warmth and encouragement to the team in SA ... we are blessed by you all and so grateful.  Our last volunteer day for 2018 will be on Wednesday 12th December when we will celebrate Wandi's birthday (8th Dec) and tidy everything up as best we can, in preparation for the new year.  

Vivienne will do a distribution on Dec 26th in her home area which is north of Kimberley - she has organised transport and will distribute the Christmas blankets, which we are delighted about.  More about this when it has been accomplished, and we can send her report and some pics, in January 2019 !!

Thank you all - SO MUCH - we wish you a merry Christmas and everything wonderful in 2019 xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

• Glo this is a great read.  Really inspiring to all of us, I will try and do more next year especially as I have been gifted lovely wool plus hearts and bears are already in my mind. Xxx

• This is my first Snippets.  A great read and I had a mention too.  Thanks very much. :) 

• What a great Snips! Thank you Glo for your hard work and to all those who contibuted :))

• Wow - another terrific edition, Glo. Thanks for all your work.

• Thank you Glo for this stunning edition of the Snippets! Love reading it! xo

• Wow!! Another bumper edition from our Glo and the team of 'reporters' who bring us 'the news' each month.

What I like best about this edition, this month, is that there is sooo much to read about and it's all GOOD news......won't find any other 'magazine' quite like it. What a warm, positive community our K-A-S is!!

This reply was deleted.