Views: 775

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you so much for putting this together Gloria.   I love a good mooch through all the sections when you present them like this ❤️. Xx.

WOW!!  Thank you Glo for all the additional quotes.  Anne's wicked sense of humour certainly comes out in the poem.

What a lovely read Glo, thank you! I love Anne’s poem, as Mili has said, this poem highlights Anne’s wonderful sense of humour, she is still making us smile!!

Another great round-up of the month's events, Gloria.   I so enjoy reading these Snippets, just in case I missed something along the way.

And like everyone else, I'm thrilled again by Anne's sense of humor and her wonderful poem ability.   Now, just in case I end up "down below", I'm going to learn some finger-crochet.   Do you suppose I could get away with that, and still manage a square or two?  It might take some practice, but it seems like there would be plenty of time for that practice.  Ha ha.

Thanks for another SUPER issue this month, Glo!!

Wow! What a FANTASTIC fundraiser from Karen!! What a champ!

Thank you for including Anne's poem. It sure was fun to read again.....and one of her gems that I had forgotten.  :))

You’ve made me smile Sharon thinking of you feeling rather warm, doing finger crochet! I wonder what the postage costs from ‘down there’ would be? The custom’s slip sender address would be interesting too….. I can imagine the ladies faces in the Barn when your parcel arrived :))

Thank you, ladies :)

I'm so glad Anne's poem is creating some fun - something our Anne was very good at :)  And Sharon, your idea of finger crochet, or even arm knitting, might be a good skill to have tucked away.  Not that you or any of our kindhearted, caring and loving KAScrafters seem destined for that nether-region, but ... better to be safe than sorry ... hahaha

Chris, you raise a good point.  I wonder if they even have mail service down there ... hahaha ... xo

Bonjour à toutes les tricoteuses d'Afrique du Sud et du monde entier,

Je reçois la lettre chaque mois mais hélas ne lisant pas couramment l'anglais je n'arrive pas à traduire en français même en cliquant chaque fois sur toujours traduire en français. Je suis frustrée de ne pouvoir lire vos nouvelles passionnantes.

Amitié à toutes et tous et pensées affectueuses aux enfants

Hi Gloria.  I've been inspired by this month's Snippets to start doing some more squares. i got sidetracked by health issues for a bit but I'm bouncing back I think. I decided to do some black squares. I can feel the next holes to go into for crochet, even if I can't always see them with black yarn. Well....I forgot one thing.  I'VE GOT A WHITE CAT!  I have decided to postpone picking out every single white hair that just floats onto the yarn and square by magic until I'm finished. I was doing 1 stitch, stop to pick out hairs, repeat to end of row, which wasn't very thrilling for me.  And this happens when the cat isn't even in the room! I got some black on black, washable, sparkle yarn, so it'll give the kids a bit of subdued bling and might make it easier for me when crocheting to see the yarn.  I'll let you know if the squares actually turn out black or grey (black plus white cat hairs!).  Seriously I will pick the white hairs out...well most of them.  

Haha ... Jeanne, you do make me giggle.  I'm picturing you knitting away - knit 1, pick out 1, knit 3, pick out 2 ... Your white kitty just wants to be a part of it all :)))  Your black sparkly yarn sounds lovely and will add a touch of class to the children's blankets!

I'm sorry to learn you've had health issues again, my dear.  I hope you are well recovered now ... xo

Well I'm on chemo but I'm tolerating it well. Much to hubby's delight I've lost my voice (laryngitis probably). I've been froggy in the throat and coughing since last summer's forest fires. Finally the coughing is going but my voice gave out. He's on hearing aids at the best of times so charades it is.  He's finding it lovely and quiet around here and is quite amused.  Yeeesh.  I'm just delighted that the fluid (lymphodema) in my left arm has retreated enough that I can now type with two hands again. For a while I could not crochet or write and I'm left-handed, but we've fought our way back this far. YAAAY!  Now I'm off to do some more crochet. :D

RSS

DONATE: KNIT-A-SQUARE

The Donate button provides 2 options:

1. One time donation
  2. Monthly subscription               [click the box]

Because of PayPal/banking fees, KAS asks that your donation be 5USD [or more].  Anything less, means your donation is eaten up with fees.  Thank you!

KAS FINANCES

Our goal is to remove the monthly deficit that Ronda and her team have to deal with. You can:

1. Make a donation whenever you are able.

2. Sign up for an ongoing monthly donation (subscription).

3. Shop at the KasShop!

Please follow this discussion for monthly updates, current financial reports and ideas on what we can all do to help. Click link : 

KAS FINANCES 2022

SQUARES LIST

The AUGUST 2022 Squares List is available. Please see:

2022 Squares List Discussion

for the most recent lists.

For all other Square Lists, please visit our SQUARE LISTS page.

2022 MONTHLY THEMES

Planning ahead??

See the 2022

LIST OF THEMES

AND

WHAT OUR CHILDREN NEED.

KAS PATTERN BOOK

SEPTEMBER

Color Of The Month GREEN

Free Patterns for

Plain Jane Knit Square

Plain Jane Crochet Square

can be found in the KAS PatternBook

Click here to find more free patterns in

Members Patterns - Squares

FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK

here 

CREATECARE GLOBAL

"CreateCare Global has set itself two tasks. The first is physical: to bring hope, support and comfort to children for whom poverty and loss are everyday tormentors. The second, and in our view equally important, is to spread the message to the world."

Our thanks to CreateCare Global for supporting the Square Circle Forum and helping to spread the wonderful work that KAS does.

Learn more about CCG here.

© 2022   Created by Sandy McDonald.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service