You can find the discussion, complete with each member's flower choice right here in

PLANTING A KAS GARDEN
Reaping the fruits of their labours.

The wheelbarrow is a useful means of transportation.

Income-generating projects like Beadwork and other crafts.

KAS FINANCES

Some rather interesting, and encouraging, news from Ronda:

"We are expecting reimbursement from Redefined Properties for some of the gogo payments made in May and going on into this month as well.

Around R3000 [approx. $209 US] as per current calculations, but maybe more as they keep bringing us more strips to stitch together !!!

IN June also, we received a larger PAYPAL credit, around R52,000 [approx. $3,625 US] if I am not mistaken. 

So, this month’s books should look a bit more encouraging.

Overall, we are topping up each month to more than enough for current expenses.

We really do not enjoy asking for more than what we are receiving – the contributors have been MORE than generous.

The handling fees demanded by our post office are iniquitous – I  have discussed with our postmaster and he holds out absolutely NO hope of any change as long as the ANC is running South Africa and we have this unseemly scramble for money going on in all our parastatal entities.

We have also noticed that gogo groups are so excited about receiving R15/blanket redeemed, that they are sewing up a storm and returning their completed work to us much faster.

This has resulted in a shortage of available squares (which the Xoli/Redefined Properties project DID help mitigate for a while !!) so we have decided at our last board meeting to slow the gogo groups down a little, and keep an eye on our blanket stocks accordingly so as to regulate the supply and demand (and costs) as far as possible !!"

Here is the expenses breakdown for May

Here is The KAS Shop report for May

I'm sad to say this has been the leanest month we've had in a very, very long time, with $131.48 raised. I can only hope it's because everyone has been so stellar at contributing toward the Planting a KAS Garden fundraiser. It all goes to the same place, after all!

The KAS Shop is open!
ENTER [HERE]

DISTRIBUTION IN SWANEVILLE

Click [HERE] to listen to some precious children from a creche in Soweto.  They received a distribution from KAS and the snacks were provided by MAAC (Military Attache and Advisor Corps).SORTED IN SOUTH AFRICA

THE BLANKET ROOM
Why not start your day with a leisurely browse through

THE BLANKET ROOM

for a daily dose of

beauty and inspiration!

The winner of our Kaption-It Kontest is ...

LINDA R

Our judges have spoken ... and laughed out loud ... 

"Hide and Sheep!"

CONGRATULATIONS, LINDA
AND THANK YOU TO EACH ONE OF YOU WHO PARTICIPATED.
~ ~ ~ ~
 This month's Kaption It Photo

Are you a puzzler?  Do you have a favorite type of puzzle?  Please let us know if you enjoy these new additions to our KAS Snippets editions :)

You will find the full version of these KAS Puzzles

[HERE]
OUR JUNE THEME - Seasonal Delights

Click [HERE] to join in or just follow along -

and then ...

SQUARES LIST

To see more details, please click [HERE]

MONTHLY TOTALS

Please click [HERE] for mailing instructions,

packing slip & mailing label,

plus information regarding the customs handling fee that KAS must pay on each parcel received.

THAT WARM FUZZY FEELING

by

Leanne Hunt

Sunday 16 June was Youth Day in South Africa. Because it fell on a weekend, Monday was declared a public holiday. On top of that, the weekend marked the start of the winter holidays for government schools. This affected Knit-a-Square in two ways:
For a start, the post office was closed so parcels couldn't be collected ahead of opening day. Themba had to take the van first thing on Tuesday morning to collect the mail. Ronda came to the barn to open up and get everyone settled while Themba waited for the post office staff to locate all the Knit-a-Square items, after which he messaged Ronda to come and pay. Evidently it was rather a large post so the charges were expected to be quite heavy.

Continue reading [HERE]

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A fantastic Snippets this month. So much to digest. This should be obligatory reading for all the grumbling, discontented people in the world!

Thank you for all the hard work that goes into bringing us all the information that makes KAS real to us.

• Thank you, Valerie!  True!  If all those discontented people spent more time reading good news, they wouldn't have so much time for grumbling :)))) ... xo

• Gloria - thanks for rounding up all the news this month - there are always bits I miss somehow!
    • Glad you enjoy it, Rebecca ... xo

• My favourite magazine...no ads for cars or life insurance in sight......lol. Thanks Glo and others.  xo

The KAS garden was such a fab fundraiser, Chris.  :))

Congrats to Linda R. as the winner of the Kaption Kontest......it sure had me giggling.  :))

My entry for this month....

'Where's the teddy bear's picnic, please?...... I'm starving!!'

• LOL ... Bev, you're right!  Nothing here but good news :)  Very refreshing.

Love your 'kaption' and good luck ... xo

• Agree absolutely Bev, lovely reading and no boring ads! 

Hope I see a parcel from me in the lists soon though, I sent one in October last year and one in December that should be there now. Lots of finished blankets, hats and handwarmers in them, all ready to distribute.

• Thanks, Wendy.  Hopefully your name will appear on the Squares Llist soon ... xo  

• Wow Wendy, I hope you do, too. Did you check the listings from other countries or any 'anonymous donors'? I have found parcels for people in both these areas. The volunteers work very hard to record all info accurately, but they are working at some speed to get everything unpacked and collated.  :))

• Hi Bev, yes had a look at the Anon listings, but there are only a couple and the numbers there don't match any of my parcels. I always include a note with the contents of my parcels etc too.

This reply was deleted.