KAS SHOP REPORT

So you see, it's a great help to

Knit-a-Square

when you shop in our

KAS SHOP

CORONA CORNER

A SAFARI THROUGH AFRICA

NGORONGORO CRATERVisit our JANUARY THEME

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• An excellent Snippets. I love the addition of the African Safari.  Thank you for all your hard work, Gloria.

The Plain Jane poem was one of Anne's creations. She had such a talent for poetry.

• Thanks, Valerie.  Amy's African Safari has definitely been an education for a lot of us :) 

Yes, Anne certainly had a talent for poetry, and we are so grateful that she shared it with KAS ... xo

• Thank you, all ... xo

What a fun discussion about stitch names ... and confusion  :)))  I agree with Sharon that lockdown fever is much better than COVID. 

• Another great edition of Snippets, Gloria, thank you.

• Thanks for a fun and informative Snippets, Gloria.   

I'm sending my most healing thoughts to South Africa for the quick recovery of the volunteers who have contracted Covid.   Please take care, all.

I am amazed at the chart with all the crochet terms in various languages.   But I have one question for American crocheters.   I have never heard an American call it a "treble crochet".   We always say "triple crochet".  And, I have taken it as a cue that a pattern is written in British terms if the word "treble" is used.

Do I just lead a very sheltered life?   What word do other Americans use?

• Americans have no single crochet, Sharon, that’s my cue if a pattern is British. I hadn’t noticed about the triple crochet.

• Sorry to correct, Marion, but surely Americans DO have single crochet and British DON'T. That's also how I check which terminology is being used.

I say treble but I'm British so that's going along Sharon's point on that question.

Yes, a super edition of Snippets, Gloria.

• You’re right, Patricia. That’s exactly what I meant to say! I must have a case of lockdown fever, my brain has been a bit muddled lately!

• I think we all have lockdown fever, Marion, but it is better than having Covid!  That was why I was confused by the terminology in the first place, I guess.   Take care, and be safe.

• Thank you Glo for your fantastic editing.  Just the flow of colours and ideas make me want to sit down and crochet.

This reply was deleted.