Gabi Fin

Nancy Joshua

Anne Clegg

Lynda Faulkner

Ashley

Carrie Polonder

Pam Munro

WHAT'S YOUR KNITTING STYLE?

Check out EDY SYQUER'S dolls and hats ...

KAS SHOP

FEBRUARY THEME

BE BOLD

Click HERE to listen

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Another great Snippets, Gloria. I’ve enjoyed everyone’s comments about their knitting and crochet styles! My Mum and I are flickers whilst my sister is a thrower ,which brought up a conversation of who had taught us to knit when we were youngsters. After some deliberation I decided I hold my crochet hook like a pen,( it took me some time as I write and hold a spoon left handed but am right handed with everything else!)

I’m enjoying listening to Leanne’s Podcast again, I’ve missed it. Love Edy’s dolls and hats, very clever.

I’m looking forward to the March Edition.

• I am an English thrower!!   Loved the video.... Some techniques look like such a faff to be honest. 

• Sorry to have to ask, but can you define "faff" ?    Those of us in the US don't seem to have that term in our vocabulary.

• LOL Sharon, I had to Google that word ...

state of confused
        faff (plural faffs) (Britain, slang) An overcomplicated task, especially one perceived as a waste of time. quotations ▼ Synonyms: see Thesaurus:nuisance. Adjusting this television is a bit of a faff. (typically in the phrase 'in a faff') A state of confused or frantic activity.
        • Faff is definitely a word I'd use - didn't realise it was specifically British!

• Neither did I, sorry - I've used it in the 'fiddle on" way.

• Ah, now I get it.   Thanks ... it is good to learn something new everyday.  

• I'm almost able to close my eyes and imagine each of us flicking, throwing, knife-holding and so on as the yarn slides through our fingers and off our hooks and needles turning itself into squares and blankets.  What a caring and crafty family we are :) ... xo

• I'm a flicker. My school-friend's Mum was Austrian and she knitted in the continental style. I remember I taught myself how to do it by watching her but gave up after a while as I never got very proficient at it and kept drifting back into my usual style (a bit like the lady in the video!)

• Hey-ho, Patricia ... a fellow-flicker :)))  I've tried other ways, but I just can't seem to get consistent tension with them ... xo

This reply was deleted.