You can purchase PAY THE CUSTOMS HANDLING FEE

[HERE]

A NEW GROUP SUPPORTING KNIT A SQUARE!

Romney House - Trowbridge Wiltshire UK

THE BLANKET ROOM

Take a peek into

THE KAS BARN

for lots more photos.

Opening day is a very busy day for our volunteers.

SOMETHING YOU MAY HAVE MISSED

OUR FEBRUARY THEME

KNIT DIAGONAL SQUARE

To see the Squares List and more details, PLEASE CLICK [HERE]

THAT WARM FUZZY FEELING

by

Leanne Hunt

February in Johannesburg is an extremely hot month and yesterday was no exception. Bongi and I travelled to the barn without Tango because we needed the space in the car for a load of blankets intended for a distribution near my home. Besides Tango, Mabel was also absent, but the rest of the volunteers were all present and lots of Square-matching got done.

There were several big boxes from Croatia and some other post to sort, but most of the time was spent clearing the table of nearly 100 piles of squares which, for whatever reason, hadn't yet found their way into blanket packs. Generally, this happens when squares come in that are much smaller or much larger than the required 8 x 8 inches,or 20 x 20 centimetres. Sometimes they are hard to match because they are an unusual yarn wait, or because they are more rectangular then Square.. Just a reminder to please keep to the regular size as much as possible.

If, for some reason, you have a collection of different-sized squares, we advise holding them back until you have enough for a complete blanket. As long as there are enough squares for a 40 x 56 inch/100 x 140 centimetre blanket, it is fine.

Continue reading ...

You need to be a member of Square Circle Forum to add comments!

Join Square Circle Forum

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A great read, Gloria. Thank you for another interesting edition.

• Hello.  Thanks for another very interesting Snippets.  I am very sorry but I ironed on a few patches to my last blanket squares.  I won't do it again!!  Very best wishes,  Sue Holdaway

• No need to apologize, Sue.  Everything you send is appreciated and we've all had those "oops" moments.  Thank you for making a note of this for your future creations ... xo

• Thank you, Amy, for the reminder of how we can help the volunteers.  We can't all go to S. Africa, but we can all help from home.

Proper tails:  Just measure 3 times across each square before cutting the yarn to make a butterfly.  Then tuck in all other ends.

Proper size for hats and handwarmers:  This is important so they fit the children properly.

Proper size for squares:  Oops!!  Many of us know what a chore it is to upsize or correct wonky squares.  Often we get quite a few - dozens sometimes!  But what must it be like for our volunteers in the KAS Barn who perhaps get thousands.  Yikes!  The more we do at home, the less they will have to do in S.A.

Squares, squares, squares:  For every toy, hat and pair of handwarmers, we need 35 squares!

•  Cheers for this informative magazine of interesting titbits, information and pictures Gloria ❤️

• Thanks, Karen.  Aren't those pics of the children just adorable!!  

This reply was deleted.